Introducing Analog Four & Analog Rytm MKII

Thought as much. Thanks for the reply. I am under the impression that the MKII machines will incorporate improved USB bandwidth. MKI analog outs it is :smiley:

“Premium cast aluminium enclosure”

When you zoom in upclose on the front images, the mk2s seem to pay homage to the silver souls.

Silver souls in the new mk2 format, please!

2 Likes

yes I can understand your dissapointment since you bought it a year ago. And yes, it would have been great if they implemented it from the beginning. I guess they don’t care too much about the Octatrack now, so they gave it the Rytm as well. This will be their premium product now.

The originals have USB 2.0 hardware that cannot run at USB2 full speed, they can only run at 1.1 equivalent speed due to noise issues in the analog circuitry. This has obviously been resolved.

3 Likes

Looks like the bought Korg’s left over stock of Electribe 2 mki “smokey” cases. Ugly in the pictures at least.

6 Likes

thats why im saying elektron will have to give something GREAT to the MK1 owners to not piss them off.
if this where a maschine for a few hundred bucks okay… but its the luxury range and i am sure i will not be the only one who will NEVER EVER buy a NEW elektron maschine again

1 Like

End of aftermarket sale of side panels for A4/AR MKII Machines

5 Likes

think they should be somewhat lighter than the MK1 due to aluminium. They’re larger but not a lot larger. The steel cases in the black boxes make them pretty heavy…

2 Likes

it looks like the AR is now a better Digitakt than the Digitakt? that’s simplistic and wrong i’m sure, but my monkey brain is going to those places.

4 Likes

Heat MK 2 would be like re-rebooting the Spiderman franchise…again!

12 Likes

minus midi sequencing. which, to me, was the deal maker :wink:

2 Likes

Them being mature doesn’t mean a thing when you use it on new/different hardware. They only have X coders and now they have to support 3 new boxes. Even if the current OS is mature it still needs to be adjusted to work with the new hardware and the new functions.

No matter how small adjustments are, you have to test and test and test some more. This is part of developing software and is always time consuming. Any adjustment will take about the same amount of time to test depending on what it does.

I really wish your view was correct but I know from experience it’s not. I do software testing for a living and it doesn’t really matter if changes in the codebase are big or small the amount of time it takes to test things properly is about the same as you need to test everything each time.

As for your experience with the DT; connect midi and see how it goes. Or do a lot of sampling and get crashes randomly when trimming samples. It is usable but not production stable or ready imho.

3 Likes

Thank you

well done elektron, nice upgrade.

pretty happy to see that the prices will drop on mk1 boxes, elektron units will be accessible to a larger part of the populace now that prices will dip into a more affordable range

Lots of excellent music will continued to be made mk1 and mk2 alike, i bet we won’t be able to tell the difference which version of the machine made what :slight_smile:

RIP the dream of having a flush row of elektron boxes though :frowning:

love the inclusion of CV ins on the new boxes, beveled and hopefully improved tactility on the rytm pads and the less clunky output options are great too.

2 Likes

If they try to make money in the second hand market it is a really nice strategy !

I don’t know when/whether I will be able to get any of the new Mark 2 boxes, but the improved ergonomics (screen, tilted front, re-thought button placements) as well as the other capabilities are really making me think about them.

10 Likes

That’s a disappointment. They know many people wanted it but they still chose not to implement it in mk2. Makes them seem arrogant.

2 Likes

Well this puts a spin on my idea of buying the DT to compliment my AR and OT.
Now that RT can sample It’s on my radar.
No gas for the other machines.
Also… extra $300 for OB premium if you want to run it on all machines? Yikes!

4 Likes

JRR is selling new A4s for $830 and I wouldn’t say that the differences are worth over $400. If you paid more than that and are in the US, though, I’d return it.

I think Rytm’s update, is related to the sample loading app…?