Introducing Analog Four & Analog Rytm MKII

Would you recommend the Digitakt or Octatrack for Elektron-style MIDI sequencing?

Neither. A4 would be perfect for it however because it has the mini keyboard.

No idea where youā€™re trying to go with your posts or your arguments. But they donā€™t make much sense and useless to debate it here. I know how time consuming it is, so supporting more hardware means less time to support existing hardware which is in no way good for me (and many others).

And yes, it is very bad form of elektron that some OT bugs are years old and could never be fixed. Doesnā€™t mean itā€™s ok to do the same to the just released DT. Iā€™m not going to be patient and wait for weeks or months before midi is usable. Come on. Midi shouldā€™ve worked flawlessly out of the box.

2 Likes

internal sampling? meh, I prefer sampling with STROM and SDS drop :slight_smile:
I probably will stick with AR MKI.
curious to hear the new voices in A4 MKII though.

3 Likes

If the new A4 and RYTM are MK2 the new OCTATRACK looks like MK1,2. :loopy:

6 Likes

Iā€™m in the UK, and weā€™ve just had a similar price drop of about Ā£200 across the board. The new price will be about Ā£400 more, so yeah Iā€™m wondering whether it is worth that much to have more/better buttons, nicer screen, CV in, and separate physical outs.

I even bought it knowing full well the price drop must be because MKii was coming (although I figured maybe in a few months, not literally the day after I received it), yet here it is and now Iā€™m wobbling. Mostly because Iā€™m still in my no quibbles return period.

Could the external input be used?

ideally one of those CVā€™s can be Gate

2 Likes

Jon, I purchased my A4 9 months ago. Brand new.

Will you be following in abletons footsteps by offering a trade up deal?

4 Likes

What is sds?

Are there any planned feature updates for MKI analog machines or will there just be bug fixes from now on?

4 Likes

ah ok! thankyou!

1 Like

Yeah, thatā€™s a tough one. The Rytmā€™s new features (sampling!) make it a no-brainer to me, but the A4 is a bit more mixed. I guess it comes down to how much youā€™ll be kicking yourself when the new one comes out. :slight_smile:

Iā€™m fairly certain there will be something to fill that gap.

But it has the hardware for resampling?

Resampling in the Rytm :scream:

2 Likes

Wow. Iā€™ve got a Rytm on its way to me, literally just getting shipped. I wasnā€™t all that impressed with the OT MKII but the Rytm being able to sample seems like a huge step to me. Iā€™m not big on the light grey color but I see myself upgrading to this in the future. Not even mad about it, well done Elektron :ecstatic:

2 Likes

Iā€™m in full return period for my AK/OT mk1s and I dont see the point of doing it.
Differences are not big enough in my opinion to justify $500 more. Remember the extra $90 or whatever for OB premium. Add $400 for OTMK2 and you have a boat load of cash. This is a free DT with change.

I bought one, just this week (AK that is)! :slight_smile:

1 Like