Introducing Analog Four & Analog Rytm MKII

And the hardware it connects to (ahem…Digitakt) needs to be close to flawless first.

Internal resampling was confirmed by Elektron Official here …

4 Likes

And in software land, $99 gets you a fair way. It’s got to be good.

awesome. would be more awesome if they would make it possible on mk1 in some way, not record/sample maybe, but more like have a channel/machine routing audio to it like a Ram play machine

This is IMO perhaps the biggest new feature of the rytm mk II, and makes it a much more “desert island” product. I just hope the sample file editing & management will be reasonably smooth as well.

This way, you can make megastack sounds of doom with the synthesis, blow all 8 voices if you want to make one megastacksound, resample and load up to a voice’s sample slot. If the workflow for this is smooth, this will be excellent!

2 Likes

100.00€ for overbridge, on a device that costs 1700.00€, it’s a shame…

4 Likes

i like the new machines… nice fresh look, nice new features… BUT does that mean support ends for the MKi versions now? though octatrack seemed to be very similar, AR and A4 are slightly different. I can easily live without sampling or additional eurorack inputs on my AR, but it would be great to be included in possible future updates…

although the machine is great as it is, a update is always something, that really puts a smile on my face and nights to play with the new features :-))

Oh man. Now everybody can’t cope with an extra inch or two in exchange for a less cramped UI and larger oled screen?? lol. Y’all are acting delusional now.

8 Likes

Thanks for the answers i didnt thought about the voice thing. It make sense now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow, AK joystick looked feral at that time !

2 Likes

Honestly if someone can spend 1700 € on a machine they can spend 100 € on Overbridge “Premium” if they need to work with OB Premium. If they can’t spend 100 € on top of that… Then they should stick with Arturia DrumBrute or Korg Volca… or VST plugins and Laptop only.

At some point people need to succeed to make their music with finance they have. When you buy Monitoring, Anti-Vibration Support is paid option, Soundcard PRO comes very often with remote control as a Paid option… Pro Headphone with Pro Pre-amp as a paid option…
All cost harms and legs, cable, acoustic treatment, Rack, furniture and luggage.

So if people don’t want to spend that much, well buy a guitar and stick to one instruments… and find a band. That’s how I see things ! it’s not 100 € the DAMN problem, we just speaking about high end equipment… But I agree 100 € is one week of Food for 3 persons and for 1 week… But, a Machine is an investment and you always get some money back when you sale it second hand. When a machine is total hype and a lot of people looking for you can get back 2-2,5/3 at least of the investment. And when you have it, I hope for you you release music or get on STAGE… otherwise it’s a passion with a real cost. I have no problem with that, but then Don’t complain :wink: it’s the choice you made. No-one put the knife on you.

Also : For sale Waldorf Blofeld wavetable polyphonic synth module, like new condition, black version.
> Licence SL included, paid 99.00€

So you have paid exactly 100 € on a Waldorf Blofeld who cost 444 €
so the ratio between paid upgrade and price of the machine is HUGE compared to ELEKTRON
but that’s no criticism ! I have paid also the licence SL on mine. But at some point you want/need something, it’s paid option, well you pay. That’s how it work

4 Likes

Meanwhile OP-1 is on its 8:th year and still selling like hot cakes… Just saying that you don’t need to renew hardware to move product. TE revenue is up there with Elektron’s.

Honestly, if you spend €1700 on hardware. You honestly expect to have a few tools that it’s advertised with included. Honestly… :wink: but maybe it’s just me.

1 Like

Total Disagree with all of you. Do you even go to pay for movies, and buy music then …
At some point you CAN’T offer you everything ! just make with your finance. Buy less but buy what you could afford. 100 € on top of 1700 € is nothing compared to Waldorf with Licence SL in ratio.

And you all GUYS bought the Licence SL if you have a Waldorf Blofeld and probably even don’t use it :joy:

2 Likes

as a software developer (C++/Audio etc), I think OB as a paid product was inevitable…

after you buy your hardware, there is no ongoing cost for Elektron (assuming it doesn’t break/warranty etc) , ok you might get a free firmware update, they can do this, in the hope it will see more new boxes sold by being more competitive.

but software is different, due to operating system changes, changes in daws etc, they need continual maintenance/updating to just ‘stay still’ - this costs money, developers are not cheap ;).
software companies get around this, by offering new versions as paid upgrades, and basically stop supporting old versions after a while… i.e. you are forced to pay for an upgrade to continue to use the software (or you stay on the old software with an old computer)

(look at the Access Virus TI, Access are still having to fork out money to maintain the software for a machine that is for some 12 years old)

So, Id expect Elektron have to adopt this approach to survive, OB Premium is likely not to be the end of it, don’t be surprised if in a couple of years there will be a paid upgrade to OB v2.

btw - its likely given the (relatively) small user base, Elektron hardware sales are still subsidising the cost for OB because software development is expensive.
(and remember needs both firmware and client development on multiple OSs etc)

perhaps Elektron could follow a different model, e.g. a subscription model, so that you get 1 year free with your new product, then pay each year for ‘upgrades’ - this is closer to the real costs of software development, and a direction many are going in.
BUT look at the amount of ‘fuss’ software companies get when they move to this model, they get no end of ‘outrage’ directed at them… so I suspect this is why Elektron have avoided it.

p.s. the talks of supporting mk1 OB vs OB premium etc… its impossible to know the difficulty of this, maintaining different forks/branches, can be trivial or impossible, it depends on the code deviations - so unless you have access to the code base, any speculation about the ease of this, is pretty much groundless.

13 Likes

If an artist would release an album into 3-4 different releases at full album price and then release the hit song as a single. I wouldn’t support that artist, no. And if a movie would be separated into two different episodes for which I would have to pay extra to see the last 10 minutes. You betcha I would be pissed, just for the sake of the producers being sneaky…

How about some True Coat for your brand new car?

No point harping on about OB.
It is what it is.
To sum up if you don’t want it, great for you.
If you do want it, factor in $99 extra to the RRP
In other words just pretend the box is $100 more to begin with.
If this new RRP is now too much then don’t buy it.

11 Likes

Really like the look of both these machines but am genuinely miffed that they’ve made a new RYTM after just 3 years.

It sets a bad precedent imo; I’ll feel far less confidant buying a £1500 machine if I think it will be replaced and therefore lose value before it even works as originally advertised.

3 Likes

Agree,
elektron was taken over by the capitalists.
If you charge me 1700 for machine, it is really rude to charge me 100 more for software support.
Shame you elektron !!! I understand that profit matters but this is low…

2 Likes

I can understand… that. If people just to get in… and keep what they have in mind with integrity I understand. But how many, get in the FREE, download piracy music… and don’t mind to be paid for a gig done with stolen music… I understand that’s how turn everything nowadays. But I’m happy to keep my vision of integrity and afford what I can afford, by working hard for that.

anyway. There are different categories of people
And I will always get it when people stole for staying alive. But the others, yeah… you always pay for your bad actions one day or another.

2 Likes