Introducing Analog Four & Analog Rytm MKII

I don’t want OB. It’s “rude” to force me to pay for your OB.

8 Likes

Yeah I just saw that. Wtf?
Soooo stupid. :angry:
They can keep their AR/A4 MKIIs, they even don’t fit with OT MKII or DT/AH. :zonked:
A4 separate ouputs mid is quite easy.

^^^ I’m with you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Btw it seems OT mk2 is not the same size as the og. Am I right thinking my PL-2 doesn’t fit ?

some of us are fussy about particular FM sounds, some of us are fussy about things fitting into a backpack. Different strokes for different folks.

1 Like

People want all free. People are never happy. People are not consistent. People drinks drugs and seduce without tomorrow. (and really don’t care about music at first now)

I guess that’s people need a MK2 with OverMind Paid Premium

1 Like

Just wait when in 3 years time OB v2.0 is released as a paid upgrade…

PL-2 clearly doesn’t fit, neither the Elektron Gig Bag EGB-1 etc… it’s done for MK1 size…

Not being willing to pay does not equal to being a thief, if that’s what you are saying… There’s free choice in buying stuff, and I’m simply saying that I’m not…

1 Like

Yes I agree and not told you a thief… just there’s different level of mind thinking the SYSTEM.
And I think @thetechnobear just told why OB Premium is Paid option.

When I look at the MKI’s they look so cluttered. A major appeal of the new MKII’s is how clear everything is. I’m actually kind of suprised by how much a couple inches, and the removal of all that red makes a difference.

5 Likes

Fair enough. IMO the rytm mk I has just the right amount of space, and the mk II looks too sparse. subjective.

1 Like

Good point. It’s strange that Elektron is coming out with a significantly updated version of their device right after the warranty of first batch of the original device has been over :slight_smile: In addition to this the users of MK-I got also hurted as their device’s value on second hand market will suddenly degrade a lot.

2 Likes

The plot thickens. I think I’m sold. I will miss my beautiful black Rytm but I’m getting used to the look of the new one. There’s too much good stuff here to resist. I’ll leave it 6 months though.

1 Like

Not so much considering price drop + Overbridge premium… I see that more like possible to get an affordable RYTM (1000/1100 € second hand) or a more powerful and refined MINT RYTM (1799 €)

So the good news is if you have 1000 to spend you get a RYTM, 1799 you get a RYTM +++
So to me it’s the price of a Jomox, yes BUT I choose a RYTM with this specifications with OB everyday other the Jomox. (I like Jomox a lot but if I have to make a choice I prefer the RYTM MKII)

Just curious, how long is an acceptable time for Elektron to wait before they are allowed to release a revised product?

4 Likes

Agreed, much prefer the smaller footprint of the OGs to the additonal buttons of the sequels.

1 Like

I do admit I like the way OT mk II was redesigned. That one makes the mk I look messy, the mk II looks very much on point with just enough space everywhere. But they managed to cram that into about the same footprint as the mk I, even more impressive!

but subjective, I know

1 Like

Remember that if you own A4mk2, ARmk2 and DT, Overbridge is going to cost you $300. You could get Logic Pro or Ableton for that money.

6 Likes

I’ve already posted about the extra buttons in the OT MKii thread, although nice-to-have, in my case they don’t justify an upgrade to mkii.