Introducing Analog Four & Analog Rytm MKII

All these moments will be lost in time
Like tears in the rain…
Time to play music.

11 Likes

seriously more people need to get off fucking Facebook. It’s a pest.

10 Likes

Or a fart in the wind… I agree, life’s too short for this…

1 Like

nuked my account a couple months ago too. what a dump

3 Likes

I see your point but I agree more with the guy above, lots of mixed feelings with these new boxes and 0 with the older boxes, not a great business move is it now :smile:, can’t wait to get my hands on a cheep A4 thanks to it hehe

Quick Perf. is probably going to be setting parameters in the same way the OT does with scenes.

1 Like

Introducing Digitakt MK II

LOL

Btw I love the new design of the mk II boxes but I feel just like DT owners looking at this picture.
( I found this on Reddit so don’t panic DT owner )

9 Likes

Moog mainly used the same design:
-short, fullsize keyboard
-big knobs (bigger than the competition)
-on a nicely spaced layout on a dark background
-some wood on the sides

There are obviously a few exceptions to this: e.g. plastic sides on cheaper entry level models or limited, special editions…

Elektron always had the boxy, compact, form factor which felt like they were build like a tank.
Scandinavian minimalist design, putting the middle finger up against the fancy, fashionable design stuff.

Digital boxes were silver, analog boxes were black. The only exception being OT, but it was the missing “link” between the AR/A4…

Regardless if I like the new design or not, and if it’s strategically a good thing to give up a design language that works,
the fact is that now they have a mixed bag of inconsistent products in their portfolio, which was the one thing they always ensured: their gear should complement each other nicely.

So everything should look the same forever. Great logic.

3 Likes

If sound is all that matters, we should close this thread immediately.
No-one has ever heard the MkII but I guess they will sound identical to the MkI,

To me it’s not worth spending 600US to upgrade your MkI and the good thing about the MkII’s is
that I will probably start looking around to buy a second hand A4 MkI :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good reference to cars… Can you imagine BMW doing a mid-life update to their 3-series and replacing it with a bulky minivan? :smiley:

…but inside it’s basically still the same car, just changes some aesthetics/ergonomics (knobs/buttons/displays) and bugfixes.

In the car industry, where some people see a new car also as a major investment which should last for years, new models are planned and communicated long in advance. People do know that BMW will launch a new 3-series in 2018 when they buy it in 2016. But I’m willing the new 3-series will still not look like a minivan…

1 Like

The thing is you’ve got it back to front… the MK1 are the bulky minivan and the MK2 are the new sleek, ergonomic sports cars.

No. You either make a complete new model.

E.g. studio version (larger, bulkier, more handson) and a live version (more compact portable). MPC anyone?

But if you make an update to an existing model, you make small evolutions, while keeping design consistency between models…

1 Like

Nope. Design is a question of taste, but the MKIIs are significantly bigger.

1 Like

Thanks! Exactly my point… I hope Ford does not change it’s best selling F150 truck with a Mustang :slight_smile:
Although in this case the Mk2 is big/bulky not sleek… But you got the point.

To me the math are simple for the AR mk2 :
Heavy Overbridge user who sold his Octatrack And has not yet bought the digitakt : The upgrade will necessarily be worth it for all the enhancements. Patience and start to save bucks, By cons resale seems complicated drowned in the mass of dealers

Maybe, if possible keeping mkI and get mkII is not a bad idea… 1 for Drums and 1 for sampling and melodical content… (Mono but Mmm maybe not a bad idea)

Reading some posts about waiting to buy mk1s on the cheap secondhand market makes me wonder what ppl think/expect they will pay for them:
Less than a secondhand MnM/MD ? Same prices ?
A A4 mk1 at the same price as the DT? Electribe ?

No ty, I’ll buy the mk2s, keep my mk1s and build them a sanctuary!

1 Like

MK2 is no box. I like the curves, angles, slimmer top section, screwless front panel. But I know what you mean, you wanted small evolutionary changes. I guess Elektron can do what they want and have their reasons. I’m not a MK1 owner so don’t have the love and history that you do with yours but I think both versions look and sound (will sound) amazing and can’t wait to own the MK2.

2 Likes

Probably not a bad idea… as i said… Then just organize the Gear, enhancements in mind to go further and give the MK2 a dedicated role in the Music Creation process

1 Like

If you can buy them new for 900USD, I suppose second hand they will be around 500USD…

If they are worth more to you than 500USD, you better keep them…