Introducing Artcore - a new home for electronic music

I may be in the minority on this one, but from the perspective of an artist I’m not fond of this feature. Could it be something you can enable/disable on your own tracks?

There are other forums? Just elektronauts for me.

Interesting - ok i’ll keep in mind. I’ll have to balance with user expectation and how it behaves with he control appearing and disappearing.

Hah ok - well I’ve messaged a couple of admins on here now to ask them to whitelist the domain so hopefully they can make that change. Feel free to ask yourself too.

1 Like

Hey! I’ve just been listening to you talk about Artcore on the latest Homebrew podcast. I remembered scanning this thread a few months ago so will make sure I check out the actual site soon. Good luck with it all.

So I am a bit conflicted about the space Artcore is approaching.

Is it another BandCamp? Should it be a better Soundcloud? I think it may should fill the space inbetween. With a splash of Elektronauts as well.

Here is what i mean. What do I upload to ArtCore? Just finished tracks that I ask for money to buy? Or rough noodles that have no merit as an actual song, but if you wanted to donate some pennies towards, you can?

I would like one place with little oversight, where i can dump all my sounds, and decide how I want to monetize it… put a donate button on the trash, just to show the process, and put a price tag on finished tracks…

That way I have one consistent place to upload a bio (like myspace almost), and one embedded player to distribute across all my socials.

Plus, have a forum like interaction to post battles, with stem uploads as fodder for the friendly competition for bragging rights… and have a sponsored battle like the Kenny Beats battles, where ArtCore teams up with Cymatics to host a battle with a pack they are about to release.

Does this make sense? Like take all the good of all these websites and make it a one stop place to interact with as you see fit.

Did you hear back from Elektronauts about the embedded player yet?

2 Likes

Hi. Sorry not to get back sooner. Been super busy with homepage and general site design update!

Good news - I finally got the embedded player whitelisted today!

So you should be able to just paste your track URL here and it should appear like this…

I like your ideas - I definitely have that kind of vision in mind.

At the moment it’s definitely more Bandcamp than Soundcloud - something that earns artists money rather than charges them.

I do have a discourse forum but it’s not quite linked up yet. It could be used for that.

3 Likes