Introducing: Digitone Keys

this is just for me the only logical way to design this synth, good job.

everything else is bad product design or a product design without a voice, so the businesmen decided it.

1 Like

Yea no.

They’re just out of touch with their base. This isn’t a limited edition item like the MM. Two for two flops so far, let’s see what fish they have up their sleeve next.

I agree it’s not meant to fly off the shelves but sell one of these and you’ve covered the sales of 3.25 M:S.

@spceboi The standard Digitone has portamento with the update.

@mojodrum Now that’s sleek as fuck. Their design might’ve worked in the 2000s with the MM back when Britney Spears was popular. But the Digitone looks too advanced to properly use that design. Yours is lightyears beyond and what one would imagine it should be.

1 Like

That’s the Alesis Micron right there, or the MiniAk, but done for the ages. Love it.

1 Like

It kind of bugs me that the desktop unit came without the individual outs and I would have to pay a huge premium now to get them, on top of having to deal with a unit that for my purpose is far too unwieldy.

2 Likes

mkay, this is the dedicated portamento knob on the keyboard edition. took it at their thing at superbooth. dunno how does not having one on mine does makes me feel (;

I think this this will look pretty slick on a shelf above a table of model:s. The AK is beefy and heavy duty. They need an elektron set of keys to compliment the more fun stuff they’ve got coming.

I think the cultural zeitgeist is shifting towards fun stuff. It’s only a few years until Korg drops a full VR Gadget studio. The old black boxes made sense in the past but we live in a darker culture now and music can be a fun medicine.

1 Like

What’s the delay time thing?

Exactly, that’s whaling. It’s not about catching every sale but the big fish make up for it. I don’t think they’re out of touch, they’re in the forums, they made the post, simon even made a thread on behalf of elektron regarding openness. I’m not trying to fanboy but making a unit which minimises their production costs doesn’t signal the demise of the company, I think it’s nice that they chose to do it MnM style and if people don’t want to pay that much the market will meet the suitable price eventually. By that point though everyone will want the next thing. Look at the prices mint AKs go for now, it’s crazy

5 Likes

Delay Time parameter values are now displayed as note values on relevant steps.

4 Likes

After I just memorized the numerical note values! Haha… seriously though smart idea.

1 Like

Function + delay can now do divisions of the tempo (1/4, 1/2, etc).

1 Like

Oddly enough, inside an IKEA Pax is exactly where my Digitone Keys resides :smile:

5 Likes

How about a Keytar version of the Digitone?

A lot of Music Has the Right to Children was done on an SH-101.

The gear is only limited by the mind controlling it.

2 Likes

Exactly :grin: makes it even more ridiculous. I was talking about marketing slogans, not music. Your slogan would sell nothing btw :rofl:

I did suggest to add a couple of strap buttons to the ends of it, but it was judged as “pushing it too far” :smile:

11 Likes

Not far enough I do declare!

2 Likes

Not a slogan…just a fact.

And oh how i know its true. I have gear that should turn out sick music. In my hands…just junk.
They are wasted on me.

Haha thank you, i would love to have dn btw :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Play nice.

4 Likes