Introducing: Digitone Keys

Has anyone here actually bought one yet?

No, we just dream about it :grin: if i would go for that kind of synth, then i would prefer DN , the locked dreams version . The same for monomachine.

hahahahhah good one

1 Like

that’s really what they went for : the Historical Elektron design :slight_smile:

Is this real? 600 for a controller keyboard?

1 Like

This as a desktop version would be awesome!!!

12 Likes

:rofl:

Yes. I mean they threw in multi outs and a portemento feature. But yeah, those dream unlocking features will cost you $600.

Such weird campaign too as I thought this DN will get extra lfos and things like that.

1 Like

Dont Elektron do market research? Why didnt they consult this great community first? Its like their in a bubble.

3 Likes

Apparently not.

I preordered. I would have bought from the first batch, but elektron.se wasn´t available yesterday…and later there were sold out. I will test it and if i gel with the size, i will sell my DN Desktop.

2 Likes

At least theyve sold one then.

5 Likes

I wrote: “later…sold out”…so they sold more than one.

2 Likes

No one on Earth :

Elektron :

1 Like

its simple, they wanted to save money and development in reusing the digitone pcb without any change.
would be ok for me if they not want to charg twice the money. thats ridiclous.

3 Likes

Most ugly and ergonomicless synth i ve ever seen…

Must hire an Industrial Designer asap :frowning:

1 Like

What’s to consult. I’ve been here six months and I know everybody here clearly communicates wish lists, desires and hopes constantly in these forums. They are just ignored and different stuff is made, resulting in 3 day hype trains to the town of disappointment.

10 Likes

Yes, the Summit looks like a really attractive package, it’s basically two Peaks with a keyboard. The price is right as well; I think the Novation guys are on a roll.

4 Likes

Judging from the Peak, Mono Station, Circuit, and now the Summit, it feels like they really know what their market wants. Their support for the circuit was ridiculous.

1 Like

If you think people are being negative here you should see reddit, it’s getting absolutely slated on every post in r/synthesizers. I think it’s done exactly what was intended, made people talk. This can’t have been an expensive move for elektron, small case redesign and a tiny bit of wiring for a couple more knobs and a standard keyboard. Big elektron fans aka the only people likely to spend that much on it anyway are satisfied with the nod to legacy and everyone else sees elektron as unique. This thing isn’t meant to fly off the shelves, That’s what the model: series is for. Whaling and controversy while pushing out entry level stuff. Plus anyone dissatisfied can still just buy a digitone. clever imo. I predict another model: box incoming soon. Then eventually when everyone thinks the chips are down the king will rise again, OT2

7 Likes