Introducing: Digitone Keys

I would seriously consider buying this. I have no desire to purchase the actual product.

Itā€™s just crazy enough to work :slight_smile:

This is cool.

for me its just a case of seeing the Analog Keys as the modern heir to the lineage i guess, rather than the SFX-6. to me the actual product is a Digitone SFX-6. Isnā€™t to say its bad, just, I would have prefered a Digitone Keys

1 Like

I must say, Iā€™m really, really happy with portamento on the digitone. It wouldā€™ve cool if the new keyboard had 6 tracks and a bit more voices to set that keyboard apart from the smaller but really good digitone. The additional outs are not enough for me to justify an upgrade, because I already have keyboards.

1 Like

I feel like maybe they partially chose this design to seem a bit more unpredictable?

Nobody wouldā€™ve predicted they would make a keyboard version in the SFX form factor again.

It is important to make people think you are capable of crazy shit otherwise they get bored with you.

1 Like

My first thought: WHY?!

2 Likes

ā‚¬A$Ā„ Money

1 Like

Of course we can just not buy it. But this is place for voicing your opinion so haha. I donā€™t know about others, but Iā€™m complaining because I feel Elektron could have done better. Other companies are doing much better.

Take the summit. Itā€™s like they figured what was working with the Peak and added to it.

Take the Minilogue XD desktop. That was asked for a while, and they did it with neat little functionalities.

Iā€™m really baffled by the design AND the price, of the keys. Like is it better than buying TWO DNs? Strange.

7 Likes

I honestly think the produce pairs of boxes, and decide wich one from the start on will be a possible keyboard version.

monomachine -> keyboard
machinedrumā€¦

a4 -> keyboard
rytmā€¦

digitone -> keyboard
digitaktā€¦

The octatrack falls a bit out of scheme, but who knows, maybe,ā€¦

exactly. I donā€™t want to apologize for calling it ugly :slight_smile: Thatā€™s taste, not negativity

ā€œUnlocking walletsā€ more likeā€¦

Fortunately, this ā€œkeysā€ does not unlock mineā€¦

1 Like

So it unlocked nightmares for you :grin:

1 Like

fortunately gear is not that powerful to unlock nightmares for me, haha.
Iā€™m very happy with my DN. No problem with the existence of the Keys. Iā€™m sure many people will love it

4 Likes

its ugly like fuck , twice the price and ā€¦ well ugly

for the additional 650 bucks more then the digitone you buy a fucking nice keyboard or synth ā€¦
i donā€™t know but the guy who designed it is clearly not a synth playerā€¦ this will give you a hell of a neck pain

2 Likes

i just wonder what glue they used to glue the keyboard to the digitone hhaha

2 Likes

Iā€™m unlikely to get it, but I see the appeal. If you have room for it - why wouldnā€™t you want the extra hands-on control? For some musicians those extra knobs (and things like key mapping of patterns) could make quite a big difference. A lot of expressive control there, which really fits with the lineage of their other instruments. It seems like theyā€™ve really tried to ā€˜open upā€™ as many parameters as possible to knob/macro control, which is good.

Ergonomically, it looks weird, but I can see that it might well be more comfortable than having to constantly stretch ā€˜overā€™ the keyboard to reach the controls. My only real concern would be travelling with a long keyboard, but I guess people deal with that all the time.

They used DigiTack

3 Likes

some very polarized feedback! a real Marmite effect.

I own a digitone from day one, love it, and would have happily upgraded to the key version, but like many ā€¦ i really donā€™t like the design, and donā€™t really get the price tag.
I use an arturia keystep or an old Juno D when i need more keys, will stick to that.

happy about the firmware update.

personally i love the design, loved the monomachine verison

2 Likes