Introducing Digitone

Digitone is a pure wet dream
:elmm:

30 Likes

Come again? :thinking: :elmm:

8 Likes

@Ess can you please make sure that you don’t push @Dataline too hard over there? I’m not entirely sure he’s fully coherent anymore… :wink:

3 Likes

Oy ! :triangular_flag_on_post:

:wink:

PS: FWIW Simon advised us that Elektron chose DN as the abbreviation for Digitone

9 Likes

I normally don’t like the sound of FM synthesis, but this thing sounds great. Having said that, I absolutely will not buy it being that it doesn’t have Song Mode. That just bugs the hell out of me that Elektron has done that with the DT and now this.

I used to be a borderline Elektron fanboi, but the way they’re doing things now is really turning me off on the company.

2 Likes

DN is FM DNA :violin:

2 Likes

Was I ever? :zonked:

11 Likes

Well… :wink:

Seriously though, I can’t think of many spokespersons who do the job of walking people through all a product’s features and how you as a musician might want to use then in a more coherent manner. You’re right up there with the likes of Tatsuya Takahashi and Dave Smith IMHO.

1 Like

Great video. The guy from BBoy Tech Report asks good questions.

2 Likes

Yea!!! Bboytech chap is awesome!!! We had great fun before the video messing around with DN :elmm:

9 Likes

THANK YOU @Ess!

1 Like

Not quite a year. The DT was at NAMM but behind a glass box and orders were like a month later (I placed mine in March). The first available boxes started showing up in April/May.

I’m surprised Elektron doesn’t offer kits to customize buttons and the faceplate. I see those alt color faceplates for the MnM and MD (sold by another company) and want to do the same for the DT & DN.

I’d love this to happen.

Native instruments did this for the maschines a few years ago, so it’s not like it’s unusual for a major player to offer customisation.

Can you image the whinging that this forum would see if they did it though?

‘OMG I CAN’T BELIEVE ELEKTRON DIDN’T OFFER ME A SKY BLUE PUNK FACEPLATE THAT USES THE WING DINGS FONT!!! THEY ARE RESTRICTING MY CREATIVITY!!!’

Repeat ad infinitum

1 Like

A wingdings special edition DN would be the bees knees. I’d need at least 6 more button colors though.

2 Likes

So 8 voices and 4 tracks? It might be tight but could do as little all in one groovebox.

Track 1: kick/basic percussion (1 voice)
Track 2: percussion/fx/etc (1 voice)
Track 3: chords/melody (3-4 voices)
Track 4: bass/melody (1-2 voices)

Not sure if it beats the DT in this department, but limiting yourself to 4 tracks might be an interesting experiment.

1 Like

People have been using the A4 this way for ages with good results.

5 Likes

Oh nice to hear that, gives it another leg up over old yamaha gear imo then

Wingdings for life! Its the only font I can understand anymore

1 Like

Ha! I’m not sure what thay says about you’re mental health

No I am not going to try and imagine how it feels and plays by reading the manual :joy:
Does it mention how the encoders feel and respond in the manual :thinking:
It looks interesting for sure so will try and get my physical hands on one at some point down the track