Introducing Model:Samples

I also want to verify if its 6 channels cuz I dont see it anywhere on the manual either.

1 Like

Imagine if this was 12 bit

2 Likes

Maybe S&H LFO to Start Point. Could be interesting with a percussive sample chain.

Same here.
I have some drum & bass DJ friends who have taken a few stabs at software based production but get slowed down, finding it too tedious. This is right up their alley. Load in a few breaks, drum hits, single cycles. They’ll get a lot of mileage out of it and be able to record in in over USB to add more wobbles from NI FM8.

1 Like

I don’t have a beard :rofl:

No audio inputs? No thanks :thinking:

1 Like

lol

I’m glad you brought up chains.
This looks like it will accept Rytm chains just fine.

From the manual, it doesn’t appear to have the ultra fine sample start resolution that makes Rytm chains in Digitakt ultra-fiddly. Just the 0-120.

Rytm chains in the Model:Samples should be a good workaround for lack of sample locks. Just p-lock the start parameter. And since it has a :length: instead of :end: parameter, LFOing the sample start will be a more smooth option than on Rytm.
Kind of a “best of both worlds” of Rytm and Digitakt with regard to handling chains.

And there are loads of free Rytm chains in the files section

7 Likes

This isn’t for me, but fair play elektron for having something new on the market.

What I’m really interested in though, is the coloured knobs on this thing. They look like standard elektron one, but coloured.

Anyone with Eagle eyes able to confirm they’re the same?

Anyone want to speculate in if the knobs will be available to buy separately? That would be a nice little earner I’m sure.

1 Like

Would have been pretty brilliant if it had a little built in mic for sampling

4 Likes

Anyone have size specs to this? seems larger but flatter than the Digi’s

Lets keep the bangers going!

Again, the main draw to me with this device is how lightning fast you can jam with this thing. Looks fun as hell!

19 Likes

You’re missing my point … this is way overpriced for what it is and it is not battery powered yet!
You still need more cash for the battery … given that the connector will still work as it should when in the road etc.

2 Likes

Best demonstration yet!

3 Likes

or could be USB host to one of those portable audio recorders.

1 Like

You’re such a tease Bradley :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

MS Dimensions: W 270 × D 180 × H 39 mm
(10.7” × 7.1” × 1.6”) (including knobs and feet)

Digitakt Dimensions: W 215 × D 176 × H 63 mm
(8.5” × 6.9” × 2.5”) (including knobs and feet)

4 Likes

Is this Baseck?

3 Likes

its one short and wide boi

Amazing work from Elektron.

It´s a perfect entry level hardware (and I have lots of very talented friends that are looking exactly for this price range) and a good and light companion for other gear.

I´m using the Digitone for my upcoming new live (with the OP-Z), but I miss the sample capabilities of the Analog Rytm, Octatrack and Digitakt, which I sold. Will be really good to have a groovebox with the Elektron sequencer - and I can even think about getting the Octatrack again to be used with “Das Model” :slight_smile:

Another cool thing: although the Digis arent big, in some way they are bulky and heavy. I travel a lot and the Model seems to be perfect for some airplane/hotelroom backpacking/suitcase grooving, something that wasn´t really practical with the Digitakt or the Digitone (although I will prefer to stick with the OP-Z for this).

The only thing that I miss is a lithium battery.

2 Likes