Introducing Song Mode on Digitakt, Syntakt, Digitone & Digitone Keys

Yes.

4 Likes

that happened to both my digitone & syntakt when upgrading yesterday. i ended up turning it off, waiting a few seconds & turning it on. it then finished a process n said to reboot.

worked fine for me.

2 Likes

Smart decision.

4 Likes

looks great!!! haven’t gotten to install yet but saw someone mention “bong” mode – can you randomize elements within the song / arranger screen? that would be getting pretty close to bong mode. . .

And so was my comment about OT users are not happy @Unifono.

1 Like

Amazing!!! Keep up the great work!!! :star2: :clap:

I can’t wait for that crossfader extension and really rub it in their faces

1 Like

Well, you can always use pitch to tune it to C, and therefore using the note input with the new keyboard. That should work no?

3 Likes

maybe I’m missing something but it would really nice if the fold was available when editing a trig (on DN at least), now when holding a Trig+[♫] it shows the non-folded keyboard, which is limited to one octave, could be cool if the keyboard was in fold…

4 Likes

I tried the fold mode on DN for the first time.
Hadn’t figured how nice it is on a poly synth, chords are pretty natural.
I had trouble finding my ancient chords, but I got a whole lot of happy accidents !!!

3 Likes

Wait for slice mode, THEN you can sell it :slight_smile:

About song mode saving: Saving the song (Save to Proj) doesn’t work here (DT). The song is only saved when you save the Project itself.
This is unlike the other Save to Proj options (Whole pattern/Kit data/Sequence data), where the project is updated without saving the whole thing. Is this a bug?

Pattern offset included too?

1 Like

I assume you’re using the LP4 filter?

Alas not, it would be a very powerful addition

6 Likes

Cool! So you can have say the same pattern 2-3 times but with various mutes and you conditionals will still add variation? Stuff like this is why I knew song mode would rock. First thing I plan to do is some complex IDM drum-centric stuff.

3 Likes

I’ve got it installed and it’s great. Love the Chains input paradigm. Now I have to figure out what Keyboard Fold is.

2 Likes

I’ve just watched this video about it:

4 Likes

Yes! For instance, if Rows 1-4 all have the same pattern but different mutes (and each row runs the pattern once), then 4:4 conditional trigs (or X:Y) will run on Row 4.

Because of this and the on-the-fly row repeater, I can’t see any scenarios where I won’t be using song mode…

5 Likes