Introducing Song Mode on Digitakt, Syntakt, Digitone & Digitone Keys

So on the Digitakt would all melodic samples have to be tuned to C to get the most out of the keyboard folding scale thing?

Currently deciding between Digitakt and Polyend Play.

I realise I’m in the quiet minority here, but while I appreciate this update and think it adds a lot, aren’t we getting a little too excited over a feature that’s been in Elektron’s DNA since 2011? Just a little more innovation couldn’t hurt.

It’s like we’ve been so starved, just a cracker is enough to make us cry in gratitude.

But yes, quiet minority here, getting my coat, showing m’self out.

4 Likes

I know it will be on my side to accomodate this. I was thinking out loud to bring other perspectives to the puzzle. Thank you!

1 Like

Really glad for all you Song people ( it’s of zero interest to me ) but looking forward to Portamento / legato on the Syntakt though.

I still really want them to change the way Scales work though, so like on my Squid, you can just keep changing scale whilst a pattern plays & the sequence changes accordingly. This & some backward / forward / ping pong etc on the sequencer playback is literally all I ask for now. That would be perfection

6 Likes

Smart psychology by Elektron. Was it planned from the beginning or were they giving the customers other perspectives in the workflow?

We’ll be banging out classics that will make you PUKE!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Who cares why or what or how. We made do without it and will make do with it. I look forward to upgrading, life is a bit messy right now so it probably won’t be till the weekend. Can. Not. Wait.

4 Likes

My Monomachine can song mode. So does my MD.
I believe it’s always been there.

But I am glad it’s on the Digi series now, and very easy to use.

3 Likes

I’m loving this. I didn’t think I wanted it, because I never used it on the Rytm, but I think that may be because the Rytm’s UI confused me, whereas this is a thing of beauty. Sure, it’s moved Quantize a little deeper, but that’s a small price.

EDIT: oh, and keyboard fold is just lovely. I didn’t even know the keys could show that shade of blue but it’s very pretty.

There’s one bug I’ve noticed with it though and it relates to swing. I have a song with three patterns in it, all of which have swing at a noticeably high 58%, but when I queue a different song with a straight tempo, the swing pattern I’m currently on plays in straight 50% 4/4 until the new song comes in. Anyone else seeing this?

5 Likes

Sound quality is worse and Digitakt is more production oriented so it comes down to preference. Also Digitakt will probably get further updates…

Even older than the OT, then.

I’m not complaining. I just know they can do better and I wish this would’ve been one area where that would’ve shown.

However, I also have a feeling they’re done with their current lineup, as far as innovation goes, and they’re saving up for something totally new.

1 Like

@avantronica says yes :black_heart: :thup:

2 Likes

Oh, that was Sarcasm/Trolling

2 Likes

Thanks for letting me know!

Already rehearsing for a gig next week, so I think I will stick to the old method untill than and upgrade afterwards :wink:

1 Like

I’m sure Elektron has left out song mode because arranging songs on a little device like the Digis is sort of dumb and a waste of time. I’m sure the creators of these devices assumed people would be recording then to the DAW and arranging and mixing them there.
Song mode is an afterthought.

6 Likes

(never get rid of a Roland MC-50)

2 Likes

The only critics that have been adressed toward Elektron is about the lack of […] or […] feature. Very few users ever complains about some feature being rushed or badly impemented.

2 Likes

I’ll store it for later use. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think you can set up all the Digi’s to send pattern mutes, on corresponding tracks, to other boxes

Help.!
I tried to update my digitone. All went ok but when it was time to reboot the digitone, process got stuck and jammed. Should i turn it off manually?