Introducing Song Mode on Digitakt, Syntakt, Digitone & Digitone Keys

Elektron basically killed the song mode meme. I love it

4 Likes

I’ll probably hold off before updating for a while, since I have a gig in a few weeks and I prefer waiting in case there’s bugs and such… and I don’t really need that feature that badly.

EDIT: Actually, from seeing @DaveMech 's video, I wonder if we could simply use the Song Mode load screen for that purpose…

1 Like

Amazing… Just updated my Digitakt and Digitone. What is the button combo to access the scale/fold settings on the Digitakt?

While this is great (insanely great) news, i feel bad for all the folks in the forum who for years have been telling everyone that Song Mode was not needed, and nobody should have it for their Digi’s. What will they do now??

5 Likes

The scale mode / fold is an excellent addition!
I hope they bring this to OT and also add the additional scales to the arp!!! :open_mouth:
Either that or make the incoming midi on DIGI quantize to the scale selected in scale menu :stuck_out_tongue:
There’s already scale per pattern which is awesome so that could be really nice for song mode :smiley:

…congrats to all of u, who begged for this feature all this years…

shame on me, for stating all those years, it must be quite some big deal, something in the code, that makes it pretty much impossible, otherwise we would have such a “simple” feature already since ages…

so, new elektron developers, thanx for making it possible, but since it’s suddenly just there, totally out of the blue, what took u soooo long, to do so…?

i can only hope, this feature does not mess up other things and u made sure this update better has no beta flaws of any kind…so, let’s add some arrangements to our patterns…
or, at least that one definable row of patterns per project…

7 Likes

on syntakt you have to long press func+track

1 Like

Perfect, that works!

1 Like

And it drops on my birthday. Thanks Elektron <3

4 Likes

I will keep loving my good 'ol 16-Step patterns. No need for more complexity here. :joy:

Overbridge now running natively on M1 is a nice surprise however. Didn’t expect that to happen soon.

Bong mode.

17 Likes

:full_moon_with_face:

3 Likes

Heck yeah! Happy birthday Tchu!!!

Has anybody actually said that last bit? I’ve never felt song mode was necessary but I will also use the hell out of it now that it’s here.

It seems possible that you’ve answered your own question here. I hope so anyway :0)

2 Likes

yes

2 Likes

WOW. What an update.

Although as someone who just started coming around these parts recently, I do feel slightly cheated that I didn’t get more time to rant about the lack of song mode.

13 Likes

Oh it is always bong mode around here.

13 Likes

It’s Wednesday

5 Likes

damn. Wow. Now I want another digitakt. Or syntakt or both :see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

4 Likes

it has lost its focus

10 Likes

Meh, too little too late…

Jk this is awesome

edit: don’t know how to do spoilers on this forum lol

1 Like