Introducing Song Mode on Digitakt, Syntakt, Digitone & Digitone Keys

Right. And guess how many of them have already grabbed the update and are playing around with song mode rn? :wink:

Wow!

I could not be happier!!! I got along fine without it, but this just opens these up for so much more now.

Plus, I was without Digis for a while, and just reacquired a Digitakt, and a Digitone Keys! This is amazing!

:partying_face:

6 Likes

…waiting for the syntakt portamento videos… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I notice that every store in the US has the Digitones on sale. Are we looking at a potential Digitone MKII dropping soon, or is this just because of the change in currency values?

1 Like

They will talk about how much warmer the old firmware was. :stuck_out_tongue:

Kidding.

I’ve wanted it too, but it was something that could be worked around.

20 Likes

The digis seem to go on sale a couple times per year.

1 Like

Just wondering…does songmode work over midi if you have 2 devices that support it?

So let’s say if you create a structure on the DT, will DN follow that structure or do you have to make the same structure on both machines, if you would want them to follow each other?

5 Likes

Now just Kits and we’re golden. The ability for parameter changes to persist between pattern changes based on Kit structure would be perfect.

15 Likes

Ignore the feature?

2 Likes

Is Song Mode just Pattern Chain?
Like what grooveboxes like the OP-Z have had from the start?
Don’t all get into a comparison of the two devices, i’m just curious.

and my follow up would be, did it take this long? :smiley:

I think song mode + keyboard fold make the Digi twins at their current used prices a GREAT value, I think the Syntakt could have gotten a larger upgrade seeing as it’s a new device. Hopefully with this out of the way they’ll give it a bit of love for another upgrade?

Either way, used Digi twins are back on my radar for sure

1 Like

would be cool to have follow actions in song mode, for creative use.

just a thought for the future

3 Likes

Pattern chaining was already there - this is more of a sibling to the Octatrack’s Arranger Mode with some neat twists on that.

1 Like

heh - my friend (whom I share instruments with) is going to be so happy for this. My own music is way too minimalist for even considering using song mode :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I honestly didn’t think it would happen. I am very happy to be wrong!!! Yay!!!

2 Likes

scales and fold??? fak yeaaa

7 Likes

Woke up, looked at the forum front page, then immediately looked at the calendar to make sure it wasn’t April 1.

5 Likes

WHAT

I just moved and am still unpacking, I can’t get my desk set back up soon enough!!

I just want to say one thing ------>>>> Machines

1 Like

A reason why it took so long could be because it wasn’t meant to implemented from the start. I don’t know how this works on the op-z, but if you implement a feature from the start, it tends to be easier than making it viable later.

3 Likes