Introducing Song Mode on Digitakt, Syntakt, Digitone & Digitone Keys

Just put it on your lap

2 Likes

I thought that until I saw the creative possibilities and then I was a convert … It is so creative …

…when used creatively

It’s a game changer for improvising, really an eye opener for me, I never got beyond chains … but that was because I had preconceived ideas along the ‘never will’ axis … that’s missing out on so much that it opens up compositionally

11 Likes

Finally, we are free to throw our hands in the air for half the track, just like the DJs!

65 Likes

Does anyone know if it’s ok to skip firmware versions on the Digitone? I don’t have the latest one installed, and wondering if it’s ok to jump right to this one or if it should be done incrementally.

Ah, if only my lap had my good speakers and interface

it’s fine

3 Likes

No need to do it incrementally, it will just install the latest version

1 Like

Well of course you do.

1 Like

What is the current temperature in hell, I wonder?

Thank you, @Elektron! :pray:

11 Likes

Love to wake up and see the home page updated with a bombshell like this :slight_smile: just laffin at the people who are somehow still ungrateful… like dude they didn’t have to do any of this, consider yourself lucky!

17 Likes

:heart_eyes: whoa, was not expecting song mode. I thought for sure scale fold would come to DT, and I guessed at global fx for ST, but this is exciting because of the possibilities.

2 Likes

Christmas comes early :wink:

1 Like

So whats next for us to moan about? New OT firmware of course :slight_smile:

11 posts were merged into an existing topic: A lack of song mode on the small boxes would be alright if

:slight_smile: You´re welcome

Close the forum, shut it down, archive the memes, there’s nothing left to talk about

5 Likes

Finding the folded keyboard on DN was easy, anybody know where it is on DT?

10 more years of waiting linux transfer and overbridge…

Any way to create variations to patterns beyond chains and mutes? I don’t get it. Isn’t this the song mode similar to OT’s, Rytm’s and A4’s?

looks like there’s some cool possibilities with the row lengths for building seqs differently.

missing a way to audition each row quickly though. func+yes to audition the row immediately without cueing would be great…

2 Likes