iOS devices optimization

First o all thank you,
But I think that an iOS mobile friendly optimization must be done soon.
I’m wiring in the dark write now because the window for input Ted is out of my screen.
I believe the whole site shoud (sonnet or later) be mobile compatible.
Tanzania for your work in keeping the community alive!!!
:))
Kudos to all of you!
L.

Yeap!

+1 for mobile optimization! :alien:

Yes, we are thinking about various approaches to this. Smartphone optimization is definitely something we have in mind.

Nice one, its all a bit big on my ipad. :slight_smile:

Yeah… It was great earlier on my laptop… But I’ve got to say now on the iPhone it’s a bit of a chore.
First world problems, however … :wink:

Indeed, the drama of it all. Will somebody please think of the children!

iOS friendly would be great, also on a netbook the frame at the bottom is a waste of screen space, maybe have collapsible?

The bottom frame is an issue on the iPad as well (honestly I find it annoying on the laptop too, but it’s not as bad) and the scrolling for hot topics and recent topics is reversed. Otherwise it looks and works fine so far.

Here is what it looks like on my netbook in full screen, not really much content in view.

Yes, even at 1440x900 it not really comfortable to read the forums. It is too much empty space between the posts and this bottom part eating screen as well.

this thread should be renamed, as it is about optimization for smaller screens, not especially iOS.

generally, I think that there is too much horizontal space unused, while vertical space is a bit wasted with unnecessary stuff.

The navigation chrome at the bottom takes up ca. 1/4th of my screen, while I can see a maximum of 2.5 posts in a thread.

Imho, you should get rid of this thing entirely, it obscures content, and this is never good :joy:

edit: if I adblock the footer, the browsing experience is indeed better.

:rage:
First time using Elektronauts on Ipad and it seems pretty effecient so far :slight_smile:

Some fixes for small screens have been made now. For example, the popup for posting messages has been replaced with a dedicated page. Also the bottom bar is non-sticky on smaller screens. Please try it out and see how it feels.

Yay! Just replied via the iPhone & it didn’t take 5 minutes !
Much better chaps - nice one :+1:

much better!

a suggestion for replying in general, not only on mobile devices: it’s very helpful to see the previous posts, and you not always want to quote somebody for this (as to not duplicate text over the page all the time). both with the old design (popup) and the new post page, you can’t see any previous posts while typing a reply.

Agreed