[iOS] Tensor - Kit & Pattern Randomizer for the Model line

It doesn’t touch which samples are loaded, that’s up to the user.

oh. haha. I had that totally wrong so :joy:

so its just randomising the parameters, gotcha. ah that’s cool, getting my bearings now.

1 Like

How have I never known about this app! Guess I’ll have to download and play with the Cycles this weekend :grinning:

1 Like

So finally got round to downloading this app tonight and lost two hours delving into it. Not too complicated, and what a wonderful app. A great ideas generator.

Makes the M:C into an instant Autechre machine (and man, I love Autechre).

Only question I have is, what is the difference between morph and random? Not sure I’ve wrapped my head around the concept of morph.

Anyways, just wanted to bump this thread and say thank you for the development of this app.

It’s really, really good.

2 Likes

Glad you like it :]

2 Likes

Yeah it’s class - well done!

Struggling a little on the pattern generator. Like plugging different notes and octaves in (plus the trig conditions - not sure what all the options mean).

On the advanced settings, it would be good to know when you have selected something. There’s no indicator of what you have selected (if that makes sense).

1 Like

We definitely need a video of the Tensor app in action!

4 Likes

The Advanced Options in the Pattern Generator are functions that are applied immediately to the current Pattern in Tensor…you still need to manually send the Pattern from this page. The normal Pattern functions, however, will update the Pattern on the device right away.

Random means totally random (not completely… there are various heuristics used to make sure it’s musical). When you use the Morph feature you’re changing the values of the Parameters slightly from where they are now. The amount you morph / perturb the Parameter values can be set under Options.

5 Likes

Thankyou for the explanation, makes more sense now.

So I guess morph is like putting an lfo on the parameters (in a way)….or motion sequencing them.

Just bought an M1 Air really hoping the app would run there (first time I own an apple device). I’ll just quietly leave this here… any chance of a porting to macOS ? :speak_no_evil:

2 Likes

Hi there

Did somebody try to execute this jewel with an iOS emulator on Windows 10 ? Is it working ?

Thanks !

IS there such a thing? would it read midi in/out connections?

This is pretty much essential, makes the MC so much more fun, can get amazing sounds and patterns

1 Like

It would be very useful to get a video tutorial of tenzor, that sound amazing for the MC!

1 Like

Next week I’ll be addressing a bug that caused the MIDI to become unresponsive in the app…this was due to iOS adding more latency to MIDI I believe.

2 Likes

Update 2.3:

• Added UK Drill Pattern Type
  • Added support for new iPhone and iPad sizes
  • Bug Fixes
9 Likes

You are, and always will be, the man!
Thanks for all your hard work put into these apps over the years :pray:

2 Likes

Always great updates! makes me come back anytime and use this little box differently from the usual

2 Likes