[iOS] Tensor - Kit & Pattern Randomizer for the Model line

does Tensor support the new ipad mini 6 resolution?

2.2 update 5 months back added support for new iPad mini.
If the timeline is right, not sure when mini6 landed, then itā€™s a good bet!

1 Like

awesome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah jump to it!
Itā€™s a great app, I lost 5hrs on it yesterday with an M:C :yum:

3 Likes

Iā€™m guessing when using tensor you could also send midi out of your cycles tracks to sequence ipad synths with those sequences?

[disclaimer - I donā€™t have any model: units atm]

You donā€™t need Tensor in between to sequence iOS as the Models are usb class compliant for audio and midi.

aye, Iā€™m saying to use tensors scales, randomisation etc on a cycles track while using an ipad synth as the sound source during the process.

maybe itā€™s obvious it can be done, and could always just switch the track to transmit midi after the fact too.

Not sure if you could juggle both Tensor and whichever app you are using at the same time, maybe someone has tried this and can chip in?

1 Like

I believe you have to explicitly use the Randomize Notes function, else they will always default to C.

1 Like

ok, will try that

Randomize the notes after creating a random pattern :+1:

1 Like

can tensor randomise M:S sample slot per step?
how would that work with the M:S file structure not having a pool etc?

Could someone please explain what is Tensor? Iā€™ve tried to figure it out reading what everyone had to say about it, Iā€™m lostā€¦ :woozy_face:

1 Like

Itā€™s an app for iPad / iPhone that connects to both the M:C and M:S. It allows you to instantly generate intelligently randomized Kits / Patterns, as well as control individual parameters. There are no presets and it uses a variety of algorithms and heuristics to generate interesting starting points for your production. I usually generate a randomized Kit / Pattern until Iā€™m inspired, and then move on to using the actual hardware to further tweak and create.

4 Likes

Thank you. Iā€™ve got both M:C and M:S and an iPhone so I guess Iā€™ve got to check it out :grinning:

1 Like

yes, I think thats the main point, Im trying to using it the same wayā€¦ as an inspirational tool, something to begin with and then tweak it in the M:C directlyā€¦ its great

2 Likes

Hahaha, second time I had to remind myself of this.

1 Like

on the Samples does the kit randomiser randomise samples from within a single folder or from the entire drive (all folders in the main directory containing samples)?

No, I donā€™t have access to the file system.

thanks for the reply.

so if you press randomise kit on the model samples tensor app, what folder does it pick the new samples from?

Iā€™m just trying to understand what Iā€™m doing when using it. should I put my samples anywhere specific, in certain folders in the directory?