iPad Worth Buying for a Music Production Tool?

hell yeah. Drambo is love from the 1st sight. what i love most is its utter flexibility – it can be anything without wasting precious resourses (including screen space & my attention) on unused functionality.

i suspect Drambo + Mozaic combo can be Axoloti replacement for me.

Nice, thank you I will check it out. I used to have an expensive satochi usb c hub but it doesn’t stay connected anymore

Sure thing.

Yeah, I had a Kingston Nucleum which worked really well for a couple years, but it recently started to drop audio on connected interfaces…I then bought an Anker USB-C hub which worked for a few months, but now it’s no longer transferring power to the iPad. These newer gen USB-C hubs really suck it seems.

2 Likes

My solution to this was a second iPad (mini) for on the go, main iPad always setup at home bedroom studio.

Expensive solution, but works well.

1 Like

Yes indeed but if you like the workflow I totally understand

Didn’t think I would ever get one. It just came in the mail today. And this was @ the top of the thread!?
I’m looking @ that SAMPLR app….oooh that looks like it will be worth the $30. Anyone have any major gripes about it, I read a thread on here about apps & it seems like it’s pretty boss!

For what it is so far I’m pretty happy with it. Got a DJ app that covers scratching, Korg’s Monopoly and Figure for beats. SAMPLR looks like the perfect closer.

1 Like

Does anyone else love their Surface?!

1 Like

How much did you get it for? I’d think having your full daw on touch pad would be perfect. I’m just not much of Microsoft. I use it for my pc and remotely. I was able to get the iPad for a bit under 200, and I had the apps on my phone, which are more suitable on the iPad.

1 Like

Yea, I don’t do any music production on my Surface and don’t know if it has much power for anything serious but I love this thing. I guess I paid around $600 two years ago…

I do, but I just use it art programs. I had Reason 12 on it( surface pro 4,16 gb ram) but five to ten minutes in, the fans gets loud. So I put Reason on my laptop, I got an iPad pro and run Korg Gadget 2 on it. No problem

I’ve replaced my MBP with an iPad, so far so good. But I don’t use it for any realtime stuff.

SAMPLR is completely worth it. had since it was first released, so much fun and so simple to use.

See this thread I started a few days ago. some awesome app suggestions as alternatives to hardware.