Is it possible to play a sample 64 bars long?

How can i do this with AR?
Is Looping On the only way possible --so sample starts and plays to end
if a pattern is 4 bars long .

I am still rather new to the AR, but AFAIK, the sample has to be long enough to play for the 64 bars.

My understanding is that the LEN parameter in the Trig menu represents the length the trigger pad is held down and is overridden in live recording mode by the actual time you hit and possibly hold the pad. Also, again my understanding of the manual and by experimentation, the HLD parameter on the Amp page controls how long the envelope is held before the decay phase is entered and can override the pad itself and the LEN parameter. If you set that to Auto the LEN setting is used for the hold time. However if your sample is short then once it is done playing if there is no looping turned on it doesn’t matter if the envelope holds at full.

Finally, and this again is AFAIK and it would be good to have a verification, turning looping on appears to loop the entire sample and not play between loop points set within the sample file e.g. like looping a hold portion of a sample to get a continuous note. Interesting pitching artifacts can be achieved by changing the start and end points of a sample - fun but possibly not what you want.

My conclusion is that it is possible to do some fun and creative stuff with the sample playback but to do some of the more melodic stuff I would like to do I should go back to an OT and perhaps a A4 or MnM.

Yeah Ive been looking to see what the max length of time each sample can be … and what the +drive memory usage is.

my sample is exactly 64 bars long (prepared in Ableton and then exported to AR )
I’m looking for a way to loop it continuously over an AR 4 bar pattern

The length of any given sample will vary greatly depending upon the BPM when describing its length in terms of bars.

I don’t think what you want is possible. You’d have to trigger the 64 bar sample once in one pattern, then chain subsequent patterns that play the same pattern you want without retriggering the 64 bar sample again.

thats exactly how you’d do it…
not hard at all

song mode is your friend

wouldn’t a simple chainmode suffice for this?

You’d have to trigger the 64 bar sample once in one pattern, then chain subsequent patterns that play the same pattern you want without retriggering the 64 bar sample again.

Thanks that the perfect solution–I wish to filter tweak the 64 bar sample live!!!