Is M:S abandonware?

It’s really a matter of degrees, yep!

My vision is not the best any more, especially in my left eye, so I really struggled to read the display when I had one.
While it’s not a very screen-heavy device, it really did become a problem for me.
It wasn’t the size though, but the low contrast and limited viewing angles.

The display on the MicroFreak is smaller, for example, but is crystal-clear with a bright and high-contrast oled display, compared to the Model: Cycles’ lcd.
The lcd is very slow to respond as well.

Honestly, it’s even worse than the 32-character displays Roland are still using on many of their devices.
If I could change one thing about the M:C’s hardware, that would be it.

I do have some regrets about selling it after getting a Syntakt, but then I think back to that screen and they disappear.

1 Like

yeah I hadn’t even thought about this fully until you mentioned it!

there’s a really nice balance to the animations, how they’re really well done and cute but also aren’t distracting

like if I get into a flow and am just flitting about either the M:C or the M:S, I completely forget about them, but when I notice them it’s always really nice!

It is not about substitution.
It is about faulty long awaited but still unreleased product which is a shame for such company.

Do you mean the power handle? I would honestly just give up on hoping that will still come

Yes

I was so outraged about my Model Samples Purchase that I bought another one to go with it… brrrr that’ll show’em :rage:

6 Likes

You should just keep doing that. The more you buy the more Elektron will suffer.

1 Like

I was so outraged at how terrible it is I bought a new face plate and fancy colored knobs for mine. ANGER INTENSIFIES.

3 Likes

I actually didn’t really like the M:S.

So I sold it and moved on with my fucking life.

5 Likes

Didn’t stop you doing a set with it though, props to you!

2 Likes

Is this meant to be a drum machine primarily?

I’ve done a bunch of full tracks on it. Just depends on what your needs are.

1 Like

While far simpler than the digitakt, I don’t see any reason why you’d be limited to drum samples?

https://youtu.be/iyYhExNh8gY?list=PL68CjbVCIu3aiuX6HVT9UKb_oXBRj2NtF

Listen to this, does that sound like a drum machine to you?

2 Likes

So… will this also apply to M:C I suppose :wink: