Is there a sampling in a thru track

Hi, I don’t know if this question have done in the past but i didn’t find it. Is there a sampling process in the thru track or the audio pass thru this kind of machine analogicaly until the master output of the octatrack? Thanks

Octatrack has 8 recorder tracks available any time, all the time. Regardless of what is happening on the 8 audio tracks/midi tracks.

8 audio tracks, available anytime all the time regardless of what is happening on recorder tracks/midi tracks

8 midi tracks available any time all the time regardels of what is happening on the recorder tracks/audio tracks.

So track 1-8 can record, pass audio through, and sequence midi, all at the same time

Does that help?

3 Likes

Thanks for the answer microtribe. may be is an stupid question, but I want to pass my eurorack gear thru the octatrack but i don’t want to convert the signal to digital and after to analogic again. Is this posible on thru track machine? Thanks

as soon as the signal enters the octatrack it goes through a dac.

4 Likes

ok thanks gekkonier

You can direct monitor the inputs on the OT, not sure if that’s technically still doing some conversion though.

1 Like

As @gekkonier mentions the audio technically passes through an ADC/DAC on its way - but depending on what you mean I thought it worth clarifying that you’re not recording the audio when using a Thru track (unless you choose to) - it’s similar to if you ran the audio into a standard mixer. i.e. any colouration will be very minimal and what you do with the sound while it’s passing through is up to you. You can turn the 2 FX’s off and not use a Master track, in which case it’s essentially just passing straight through the device.

The Pickup machine is more like a looper and would be recording/playing back the audio.

No.
Thru machine = digital.
OT mixer = digital.

If you dont want any digital processing at all, octatrack is the wrong machine for you.

1 Like