Is there an easy way to slice a sample loop on the Digitakt over the 16 steps?

Hello,

I’m new to sampling and I’ve downloaded a few percussion loops which I want to fit across my 16 steps of the Digitakt. I’ve set the bpm to the same and it does loop nicely, but I want to slice the sample up so I can change per step so they act as their own sample really.

I know the Digitakt can’t do this, but are there any applications I can load a sample into that can slice samples quickly so I can upload back to the Digitakt perhaps?

I think this is where the Octatrack comes into its own?

Thanks

MPC Beats?

You might like @dialectrics beat slice and timestretch video:

@Doug has also made a cool tutorial on chopping samples on the DT:

1 Like

you can use trig parameters to change the sample starting point per step. not as comfortable as an mpc but works

1 Like

Thanks for the shoutout. I’ve also got one more that’s more focused on just the sample chopping part:

And I’ve got one that just demonstrates parameter locking by start point, as well:

I think that either of these are better options than chopping something up outside of the Digitakt and bringing it in later just because you’re giving up a lot of sample slots to do that. And personally, I find that I’ll run out of sample slots before anything else.

Also, I’m going to do a video on this in the near future, but you can get some really cool effects when you combine the time stretch and the sample chop into a performance just because it’s all real time.

4 Likes

Recycle?

These are great, can’t wait for the next video. Liked and subscribed.