Issue with exporting stems from Ableton to Digitakt

Hi Elektronauts,

This is my first post and I hope I will find some solution(s) to my issue. After years of jamming and producing in Ableton I decide to move a step further to more serious beat-making and after testing few samplers I choose to buy Digitakt as my main hardware driver. As I have a bunch of stuff in Ableton I would like to import some elements (in form of loops) from my jams into Digitakt. Now, as I am still Digitakt beginner I obviously make noob mistakes when exporting/importing loops. Yes, I set Digitakt to correct bpm to match the bpm of my Ableton project but it won’t sync correctly to drum groove (created in Digitakt). For example, synth track (created in Ableton and exported as one bar loop) doesn’t have smooth/normal continuity when playing - I set it to trigger only on the first step, but it sounds good when I preview it by pushing a trigger on Digitakt as it is set to “Foward Loop” at SRC page.

Speaking of export settings in Ableton and playing loop elements in Digitakt I would be so much thankful if someone can share some tips on it…

How are you exporting the loops? Sampling directly through DT or via Transfer App?

@mncrmo From Ableton to Digitakt I use Transfer App

You can check on the SRC2 page – hit the SRC button twice! – how the sample is being played back, see there how/when it loops, maybe the Digitakt plays 16 steps while it should actually be having 32 steps? Maybe the sample playback loops back to the beginning, but then gets cut off when it triggers again? Stuff like that.

I found that loops and bpm and such are pretty accurate Computer vs. Digitakt, but not perfectly the same, leading to some clicky loop points and such.

1 Like

Might be some MIDI clock inaccuracies. Do you use Overbridge?

1 Like

Exactly, the sample plays but gets cut off when it triggers again. What do you suggest?

Set BPM correctly and or steps (Pages / bars)