Issues with midi and cc mapping ableton

I recently tried mapping the digitakts 8 value knobs to an ableton rack with 8 corresponding encoders to try parameter locking via the takt , but as soon as I start to set each knob in midi map mode, dialing in each cc value causes the values to glitch and jitter. Last attempt i couldn’t get any separate cc values set, the next they could be set, but glitching still occurs and the cc channel had to be in the above 170 for some reason. Channels are set properly on SRC page, channel 1, and bank 1. Also while trying to get this working, I noticed that the midi is sending and triggering the ableton instrument but when I switch to play mode with triggers set it doesn’t produce any sound from ableton. I am so confused, trying to work my way through the many small bugs I have already been experiencing so far. Any help is great!

Are these the default CC (70 to 77) and do you have midi out configurated in ableton ? If so it may be a loop because you’re sending to ableton and ableton sends it back. You would have to disable midi remote out on midi ableton, or use different midi CC (70 to 77 are also the numbers controlling the midi CC knobs of the midi tracks), or disable the midi channel of your midi tracks (in Digitakt midi config)

so midi port is set to remote for IN but not out, correct? I can’t seem to see what im overlooking here. Whenever i try to map a marco from ableton on the midi cc page of the digitakt it glitches and changes rapidly. I watched some tutorial online and it seems like for most you just enter midi map mode, click a macro knob in ableton and turn the corresponding cc knob and voila!

For controlling stuff in Live, yes.
And yes, simply enter midi map mode, click on the parameter you want to control and turn knob on DT. Click on the next parameter etc.

If you don’t have any midi tracks in Live that are outputting midi to DT armed or set to monitor in, no loop should happen.

Maybe try with a fresh set in Live, only one track.

I am still having issues midi mapping ableton macros without things glitching. For example, I was successful in mapping certain max instrument macros but no luck with the stock parameter values such as decay, volume. I also get a lot of glitching mapping effect on-off. Is there something I should be looking out for? Also can’t for the life of me get the tempo to sync… Digi is clock out but ableton still doesn’t change the tempo to match. Tracking via overbridge works but the tempo reverts to ableton. I am probably being dumb here but I tried both ways, ableton sending and digi clock receive and the same issue where the digitakt does’nt always change to match.