Itunes alternatives/osx music players

Hey guys, what music player are you using? (if it isn’t itunes) Does anyone have any reccomendations for Mac?
Preferably with an intergrated library, playlists and a darkmode/custom themes.
Used to use winamp and foobar back when I had a PC but the Mac versions are pretty basic.
Have been looking around quite a lot but can’t seem to find anything half decent :thinking:

3 Likes

Vlc may fit your needs, it’s very versatile. Not very beautiful.

I’ve not tried it but Swinsian seems to meet all your requirements?

1 Like

I’m following this too. I’m fed up with iTunes/Music losing my music and messing my library up. I admit that I have a library of 10000 albums but that’s no reason to start mucking everything up.

1 Like

Yeah I use VLC from time to time. It’s good for some other stuff but feels a bit clunky having your whole library on there. Also no mac darkmode :confused:

Looking for something free preferably but will keep it on mind if I can’t find any others and if it has a dark mode. Something like this looks good though thanks for the reccomendation!

2 Likes

I’ve been using Swinsian for a while and it’s very stable. Version 3.0 beta supports dark mode.

2 Likes

Another +1 for swinsian. Well worth cost of admission, particularly if you still use classic iPods like myself.

2 Likes

VLC on my laptop and phone.

Wont use anything else since itunes fucked my music collection about 18 years ago. Never gain.

1 Like

Clementine for me for at least the last decade; multi-platform (I use it on Linux) and generally rock solid - I’ve even used it for very basic DJing.

1 Like

I have 1.5tb in my swinsian library if that helps you. It also as a decent tag editor in it.
(and your ipod classics just show up on the side like oldschool itunes)

I also don’t care for a whole bunch of eye candy, schnazzy GUIs, etc.

2 Likes