I've noticed some accessibility issues with all the forms

hello all the forum is on the rite track when it comes to accessibility but i’ve noticed some accessibility issues when browsing the forum on macos10 with icab and the voice over screen reeder.

Firstly the mane menu where all the user options such as messages and profile settings is not visible to screen readers this could be corrected by putting in a standard html link to this section, also making the text boxes and other forum controls standard html format would inprove accessibility of the forum. These controls should be actual controls instead of bit mapped images .

secondly all text boxes should have text based labels.

also any menus should be in check box or combo box form for best resaults with screen readers.

i also can not see any e-mail Notification settings i’m wandering is that some thing to do with the forum its self and not accessibility? i’m hoping that an elektron representative can address these issues i hope i havn’t corsed any offence thanks for reeding kind regards trey.

Thanks for your input and suggestions!

Most of the accessibility issues can be fixed pretty easy, I think. The email notifications will need a bit more work though.

thanks for your swift reply its good to see your out there

I have added labels to most (unless I forgot some) form fields.
Also the user-menu has been made into a link; I hope I understood you correctly regarding this.

About the form fields (standard controls instead of images) I had hoped that they would work since they work in both Lynx and Fangs (a screen reader simulator for Firefox). I guess you mean the checkboxes and select-boxes? The text fields are not graphics based.