Jamuary 2021 - Post your jams here

This time I used MPC One instead of Octatrack. I sampled spoken words and songs from radio. I like seeing how stories progress while playing with the sliced words.

Pie of the day, fresh from the oven :

Mix is kinda rough but kinda like it that way.

All sounds from the Deluge :sunglasses:

Just tried to make my first Jamuary video with my iPhone. Not easy, especially capturing a decent take (which I didn’t, but wanted to post a video for the experience)
Any tips for recording good quality video and then syncing audio / video with minimum hassle ? I was using iMovie, but fine alignment is tricky.
Do decent cameras allow recording line in directly ?
Here it is, warts and all. Got a few of my slices muddled with clicks and stuff, but anyhow …
If anyone is interested, I have a few banks of these jams which are my freeform band recordings from a few years ago, which we’ve been using to remix from ever since

2 Likes

after using the 1/2X scale on yesterday’s track today I decided to try and make something using the 2X scale. It’s a bit of an odd one.

1 Like

repost. messed up hyperlinks. sos.

2 Likes

No 20! Videogame inspired Zen-Core synth stuff.

https://instagram.com/p/CKB4m25qfs7/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKTFE99h3PF

Today’s jam. I’m really enjoying playing the keys live with the Digitone.

3 Likes

JazzFlumpsMistake. Title says it all.

Aloha,

I’m also doing the daily jams and with 21/21 perfect so far!
I’m dedicating this jamuary to ambient music (more or less, I guess music without beats would be a more accurate description… :smiley: )
Here’s one of my latest ones.

Cheers!

1 Like

Samplr, Gauss, and Digitakt for the win.

3 Likes

Love this one!

1 Like

Excited about a Rhodes patch I made on the Peak so decided to do a jam around it.

Other sounds, sequencing, and arranging come from the Deluge

2 Likes

No 21. Made an offer at the random tone generator altar for some inspiration today and ended up with some 90s ambient techno stuff I believe? All melodics 707. Drum loop sampled from Volca Kick & Drum.

2 Likes

yARP ! time to introduce the Digitone to the M:S…

3 Likes

Just fondly remembering and listening to this. Aw back in 2019, things were so much simpler then:

How far I’ve stayed still :wink:

1 Like