Jamuary 2022

low tech wobblyness

3 Likes

I set my iPhone up on a chair and a headphone stand in different positions each day, film it, drop the video into Logic Pro X, mute the videoā€™s original audio, and export!

I should really buy a tripodā€¦

2 Likes

I have a terrible phone holder on a clamp and gooseneck which just about does the job then use the Digitone as audio interface into iPhone, run Audiobus app and just the standard camera app - not fancy but it works!

2 Likes

After hearing about how great Manfrotto tripods are for 15+ years via photography forums, I finally bought a basic tripod + column + ballhead kit.
Nice features:

• Rubber grip area - anyone who has ever walked around with their tripod in the winter will appreciate this, unless you live in Hawaii.
  • 90 degree column - this turns out to be essential for getting my ultra wide and fisheye lenses right up close to the synths.
  • Quality ballhead - The presence of both a friction knob and the main lock make this head easy to work with, regardless of whether I have a tiny ultrawide mounted or my 80-200 2.8 (which is mostly useless for synth videos, but great for my other hobby - astrophotography)

For iPads (and bigger iPhones), I really like hinged stands like this one. I have a few bendy stands too, but they are harder to work with.

Iā€™m currently shooting with my Canon M6 and a handful of fast prime lenses, the Canon has a line-in port that I connect to the 2-track output of my Mackie 402VLZ4.

1 Like

Cuckoos Teenage Engineering Jamuary comp seems pretty fun. But only if youā€™re a Meta userā€¦. I only let Alphabet pimp out my data and profit from my content.

3 Likes

twitchy wee electro-ish number today: fun, many blips and bloops. Bit rough around the edges but for a one-off for funā€¦who cares?! I forget but the Volca Drum doth boooom.

1 Like

Hello Elektronauts

Long time lurker, first post.
Made a nasty DJ tool only from resampling noise on the Digitakt, no samples involved:

3 Likes

Number 5. Itā€™s been a long day, had my booster early this morning so not really feeling it. But, a jam is a jam even if itā€™s sloppy and unrefined. Some bits are ok. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Jamuary 5th, 2022

Cheers!

5 Likes

Jamuary 05 // techno
Recorded to + digitized from an old casette tape.
Keep posting your great recordings and thanks for being able to share my sketches here. :pray:

5 Likes

Change of formula using XLN Addictive Drums played on the Launchpad Pro and passing through Fors Bokeh Delay. Digitone is still there.

7 Likes

beautiful :heart:

that acid sound, damn :heart_eyes:

1 Like

first thing Iā€™ve done this month. All M8 Tracker. visuals recorded with me phone :palm_tree:

8 Likes

Sorry, messed up the above post, itā€™s late, and these daily jams are doing my head in :upside_down_face:
Good practice though, nice challenge.

Jam #5 Dreamy synthy stuff
OB6-Nightsky, ARII-Vintage DM samples, Minitaur, Odyssey.

8 Likes

30 minutes on the couch before making dinner

8 Likes

Hereā€™s a Remix of the Track above. I took all of my Samples from LoopyPro and remixed it all in Drambo with some additional layers and sonic effects for a tighter track:

4 Likes

Managed to escape from my living room tonightā€¦.

More DT + DN love making recorded straight from the DN. Kinda fooked up the bass LFO timing but meh who caresā€¦

5 Likes

Technical difficulties = lost the last half of the video + late for day 5 SMH. Iā€™ll try to do better tomorrow :smiley:

5 Likes

It aint much but itā€™s honest work.

8 Likes

Iā€™ve havenā€™t been as productive as I would like to be this January but, I did purchase a Moog DFAM and decided to give it a test run the other night. I meant to share it here. Still counts donā€™t it??
Deaf Index 1st Jamuary track.

2 Likes