Jamuary 2022

It’s only been a few hours, but when the ideas come and you’re up and it’s technically the next day, nothing wrong with following them. Here goes day 5!

2 Likes

More records. More theft. More beats.

10 Likes

J4

#jamuary
elektron rytm
elektron digitone
elektron octatrack
sequential pro3
korg opsix
noise engineering ruina
valhalla delay
valhalla supermassive
unfiltered audio sandman
lots of bitwig manipulation

3 Likes

It’s a lot of fun. You can also always sample yourself if you’re so inclined

1 Like

I love this, this atmosphere, the sounds, it’s really nice :open_mouth:

The track is nice…but now we want Stanley everytime !

1 Like

Yep, that’s the real deal right there !

1 Like

day 5 electro beehive

8 Likes

Belated day 4 - not managing one a day, but it is forcing me to do something… just set up a new YouTube channel to share these: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpjT4oCTyGNaN0naR6M3AuQ/featured

My plan is to use ‘Jamuary’ to actually move past noodling on my own and share some things with a view to formally releasing a EP later in the year.

3 Likes

My second proper session is online here. Spring reverb drowned acid madness in there :wink:

11 Likes

I swear Hans Zimmer just uses one finger and a Wavestate.

6 Likes
2 Likes

I wish more synths had voice-per-note and voice-per-channel features!

10 Likes

no Elektron involved, but hey…

8 Likes
1 Like

Day 5… Lo-Fi Chill Out type jam - thought I would experiment using the arranger mode on the Force. I recorded a live arrangement into the Force using the Circuit and Minilogue and then recorded the performance overdubbing improvised sample and synth parts over that arrangement. Not sure I like this way of working as much as building jams up live from scratch - but will be a useful technique to master when looking to complete some more ‘finished’ tracks.

7 Likes

I have made a jam…how do you all film them (sorry if this is off topic, I did search)? Do you all have tripods and cameras?

1 Like

I have a cheap Peavey mixer (pv6) that puts out class compliant USB audio. I can plug that straight into my Andriod phone and hit record on my camera app. I’ve tried other class compliant USB interfaces and this is the only one that has worked with Android devices.

1 Like

I’m not going to manage to do something every day for Jamuary, but I am making an effort to post the things I record rather than spending weeks tweaking the results. I was lucky enough to win an OP-1 in a contest in November and I’m just starting to get the hang of it. It wasn’t a piece of gear I ever thought I would own, but I’m really liking the different workflow; it makes me commit to things much more quickly and also think in a more song oriented way.

5 Likes