Jamuary 2023

Tonight’s experiment turned a bit harsher.

5 Likes

Jamuary 5th! Feels good :0)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnDfanIpBMd/

4 Likes

I feel like you’ve captured my thoughts exactly. Especially the part about less doing = more negatively critical. Funny thing is, after I finished last night’s I went over to a buddy’s house and was telling him “yeah they’re all pretty much duds but what can ya do with like two hours to get it done?”. I hadn’t even had time to listen back. I didn’t have to work today so I listened to all four of them and they are just fine. Still not my Greatest Hits but all very very me and plenty listenable.

3 Likes

Started off with the pattern from last night’s, turned into something completely different and crossed a couple things of my Jamuary Ideas list. This one is very much a ‘jam’, I’d say - but an ambient techno jam, which is something I have not done in years.

Here’s a video of a second version.

6 Likes

So yeah - I’ve been listening to Philip glass today… but inspiration is fine right? This is all in pigments, I have to say - it’s the best sounding vst I’ve ever used, and is tempting me back into the box.

One take, additional no effects, mastering, or even rehearsal! I think you can tell…

8 Likes

This will no doubt sound silly but I just had a surreal and slightly disorienting experience due to that song. I’ve got a bunch of stuff I’m trying to learn and practice before my gig on the 14th. I’m setting timers to make sure I get into all the different things without losing myself too far down any rabbit holes just yet. I’d been working on a pad on the Micromonsta with a very long release. My timer went off and I instantly jumped over here to the computer to listen to the new posts in this thread. My pad was still fading away when I clicked on your tune. As soon as I clicked I immediately and absent-mindedly got on my phone to check messages. Without realizing what the hell was going on your pad kept fading in and I’ll be damned if it doesn’t sound almost exactly the same as mine and it’s definitely the same chord I had been playing. At first I was like how in the fucking world is my pad still ringing out so I checked and it wasn’t. Well dur, it was yours! That one gave me a chuckle :0)

3 Likes

Haha, that’s great, love it. :laughing:

1 Like

I’ll do some this weekend on the virus and elektrons

1 Like

some test recordings of my new Oberheim and Virus using the usb disk recorder on my TX-6 super fast easy way to get field recordings done and monitor remix on the OB-4.

2 Likes

Finished my entry for day 5!

This is Strega (0-Ctrl), opsix, DT, M:S and Data Bender. Probably gonna limit Strega to this week simply because I like it too much and variety is good.

8 Likes

not in love with todays jam, but i kinda decided to just push through it. i have to ride a stationary bike pretty often for physical therapy and the m8 is perfect for long rides. listening back. this jam kinda feels like slog riding on a stationary bike. but ay its all good, still having fun with the dailies.

6 Likes

Some Digitone + Serum + Abelton Analog

6 Likes

this is super cool, love the wackyness but still locked in nature

Thank you for checking it out. I’d probably describe myself as seemingly locked-in but wacky on the inside. :sweat_smile:

I think you just provided the best use case for the M8! I’m still amazed at how much can be done on one. I might check it out in 2024 (NGNY 2023 minus 3 exceptions).

Best of luck with the rehab!

I f*ckin love Prodigy… and DnB… love the vocal stab.

@Sternenlicht… I love your tracks vocoder like quality! the melody comes in sounding like the firrst notes of a siren from Policia, but goes right into the melody!

Like you need any more motivation . You already produce so much, and the quality is always top notch. I like the other genre intentions. Let us know what your going for when you put out stuff!

3 Likes

Heres the Jamuary #6 Jam. Got two Dfams, Subharminicon, and Mother32, which has the Moog Murf virtual pedal added!

EDIT: forgot the Subharmonicon has a real Moog MF 103 Phaser on it.

6 Likes
4 Likes

My first ever attempt at something for Jamuary. I’ve banned myself from making any techno for a while…

6 Likes

Digitakt solo!

7 Likes

Day 6.

Whenever I have “GAS” for a synth, I just turn on my Digitone. The first thing here is supposed to go in the direction of soma’s roat. Then I heard acid techno into it and it turned into this. Digitone only.

… probably my last “entry” since december was already my “jamuary” :wink:

9 Likes