Jamuary 2023

I couldn’t make it today, so congrats to everyone that’s been able do a jam a day!

Hoping to make the course correction tomorrow

3 Likes

I had mine mostly done before work and then I came home and totally ruined the bass. The fix is better though.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnGlD4xpiTT/

1 Like

5 Likes

This one is a beautiful one highlighting the melodic side of the Subharmonicon.

She’s paired with two DFAMs and the Matriarch.

Jamuary [#7]

6 Likes

Should probs re-record this with levels adjusted but time marches on! The balance is better on a not-phone…

Every night I have a moment of “ugh this again” and then I sit down and just have so much fun, and I’m spurred on by all your creativity…

6 Likes

posting last night’s bedtime jam - an ambient thing all from ios apps (cykle, photophore, vhs synth and various effects) plus a field recording of a beach in Wales.

7 Likes
5 Likes

I worked on number 6 last night before bed but didn’t get it out in time - eek

A super chill ambient cinematic thing I made in Ableton. Hopefully one that can provide some Saturday morning zen

This is the closest I’ve come to the music I’ve released in a long time, it’s like visiting an old friend :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Jam for today, Digitakt solo of course!
One pattern in song mode.

6 Likes

I’ve been loving all of the jams! Keep em coming! I didn’t get home until 11pm the last 3 days so I wasn’t able to record anything but I’m back with something more melodic. Exploring the Bard Quartet quantizer with some sequencers made from LFOs and switches along with some melodies played from a ribbon controller.

7 Likes

@sid6581 very lovely!

did something in 7 for day 7 ~~ quite happy with the results :slight_smile:

@AphexEscher4422 I feel like I channeled Radiohead myself on this one :slight_smile:

9 Likes

In the spirit of using this as an opportunity for experimentation I did a couple new things here. First it’s a 30 second repeating loop, which I really wanted to feel vaguely organic and evolving, even though it isn’t - no performance here, breaks or builds - the idea being that it could exist as a sort of looping score … for stuff? Secondly it’s super wavey - which is a space I appreciate but never dip into :sunglasses:

I had some artwork in waiting for this one too :ocean:

8 Likes
4 Likes

I’d have to agree - this is fantastic! Great processing on those drums :clap:

1 Like

Haven’t been getting one in every day, but always feels good to get a jam in whenever I can.

This one is playing with some Euclidean rhythms. It can make for some nice textures sometimes.

6 Likes

Day 7! A very loose cover of Ghost in the Machine by SZA and Phoebe Bridgers :ghost:

chris, a friend of yours shared a post on Instagram: "Day 7 of #jamuary: a very loose cover of Ghost in the Machine by @sza and @phoebebridgers, probably my favorite track off of SOS so far. The fact that my iPhone lens caused a little ghostly...

1 Like

it’s not easy jamming everyday so I think I’ll stop with the daily posting after this one but there’s definitely some more coming this month

4 Likes

I finally got all my gear wired up for midi control from my iPad. Right now, I have Drambo controlling the Neutron via USB, the 0Coast via MIDI DIN, the Strega via the 0Coast’s MIDI to CV conversion, and the STO via the Behringer CM1A. I’m also using the MOTU M4 DC coupled outputs to send CV to the rig from the iPad, as well. I’m really liking the flexibility and creativity of the modular and iOS. It gives me the best of both worlds.

6 Likes

Number 7! Half an idea, but good enough. :sunglasses: OT + DN

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Lennart Verhoeff (@pixeltuner)

5 Likes

This time the challenge was to use only one sample.
I decided to go hard on it and use not even a sample but a waveform, the mighty sawtooth. It’s harmonically rich, so I could achieve a huge variety of sounds by simple manipulations with the filter. Add two layers of LFO to that and endless possibilities open up.

4 Likes