Jamuary 2023

Is sounds smooth! The 404 isn’t good at doing that without artifacting. And Maschine does it like butter, but I’m syncing the Syntakt over a pattern playing on the 404 that’s really dope.

I’ll post up a WIP in a minute. It’s rough but why not show it off.

Back into synthier territory… swapped out the NR2 and TR8S for DN and Blofeld in the table-top setup, both of which I don’t really know all that well yet. So this is OT, A4, DN, Blofeld.

2 Likes

Heres what i came up with so far… Hope you like Happy Hardcore.

SP404 and Syntakt.

6 Likes

did a convoluted patch last week to get over some insomnia that turned into one of those “let’s see if I can use every module” disasters on the rack i’m sticking with for 2023. it was… not shareable.

dialed it back a bit, and spent a little time playing an fm marimba under the sea:

This is probably it for Jamuary for me this year, but I’m going to stay in the practice of recording stuff straight off the Model 12 and not futzing with it (too much) afterward, and see what I learn from it in the months ahead.

3 Likes

Okay. I used the 404 to stem out the rest of the Debbie Gibson song.

Now I think I need to get serious and break out Maschine and really get to arranging.

I’m going to also try to get the Syntakt paired up so I can sequence sounds thru Maschine since juggling 64 steps is a pain when patterning longer sequences, even with chaining and song mode.

1 Like

I realized for all my fussing with slightly detuning oscillators on my synths for beating effects, I had another instrument that would do it well, and with less effort. So I picked up my 5-string bass, tuned it CGCCC and ran it through the VTBass and the Cosmos with just the tin west bit of reverb. The sheer floppiness of the G string more or less guarantees every time through is detuned a few cents. Less control but it sounds pretty good. I could imagine setting a couple of these up, sampling them, and then running then through the ringing filters to achieve a different kind of Radigue effect.

6 Likes

Todays Jam was from @BLKrbbt sample challenge in mission briefs.

Lots of fun with samplers, bit crushing and granular synthesis.

1 Like

Keep going! We are so close to the end!

1 Like

2 Likes

Sh!ts terrifying

1 Like

I missed it, but I meant in a good way.

1 Like

29! Gone full ‘synthesizer music’ today. DN + 707 on melodics, OT on drums and processing the DN.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Lennart Verhoeff (@pixeltuner)

1 Like

Here’s my January efforts. Almost one sketch or sound per day. Most of them are a one-bar loop played on Rytm and Four (or just one of the two). If you like any of them, let me know. I’m going to take my favourites (and/or the most popular, If I get any comments) and expand them to a 3-5 track EP.

Day 29

1 Like

I decided to mess with yesterday’s recording in Bitwig’s Grid. My immediate findings are that modular software is more powerful but way less fun than hardware. I was able to quickly mock up and tweak the patch I wanted but the control wasn’t nearly as good as being able to use both my hands on a multi-knob interface. Also, two peaking filter harmonics gives you formant sounds, which I knew but I didn’t consider.

1 Like

You weren’t kidding about the concerto part!

1 Like

Ha, thanks. I took it as a compliment! :smiley:

1 Like

Here is today’s techno jam.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CoAkyXHACdX/

Today I decided to go microtonal. Elektron Digitakt allows tuning samples to a precision of one cent (unlike Cycles where the precision is 10 cents) so it was rather easy to create a palette of trigs representing the first 15 harmonics and then compose a melody using just them.

3 Likes

I think I may have discovered a new workflow today. I’ve been trying to figure out how to stay inspired. All I want to do is Syntakt and Modular, leaving my DT and DN in the cold. But now, I think I write it all with the ST and rack, then record the rack for the DT. Then I flesh out with the DT/DN/MM2 and presto! MUSIC!

We’ll see about the DT part next.

2 Likes