Jamuary 2023

jamuary 2023 - single pattern jam: ‘holding pattern’

:3lektron: analog keys, oberheim matrix-6r, c64c mssiah wave player

1 Like

Can I ask why you chose to sequence with Drambo rather than ST?

Days 28 and 29. Finishing stretch!

8 Likes, 2 Comments - chris, a friend of yours (@friendofyours__) on Instagram: "Day 29 of #jamuary: an ambient Sunday morning jam featuring found sound from a recent hike and sampled clips from a jam sesh with @rahul_1.618 and @yeahwhoduh! This was...

28 Likes, 5 Comments - chris, a friend of yours (@friendofyours__) on Instagram: "Day 28 of #jamuary: a deep downtempo situation from late last night. Yet again, the Subharmonicon shines as a bass machine—without a ton of processing, no less!...

1 Like

No. No, you may not.

Well, ok.

1. That desk is mostly just a modular jam desk and Drambo is setup with a template for controlling all my voices with MIDI if I want. Also, because the M4 interface has the DC-coupled outputs, I can use Drambo to send CV and gates to the modular.

2. The fact that you have to sacrifice an audio track on the ST for a MIDI track is absolutely stupid. They could have provided 4 MIDI tracks, selected by the modifier buttons, which would have been more than enough for most people. One of the main reason the ST is my favorite Elektron box is that I’ve found I can make songs I really enjoy with it due to track count. I’m not about to lose the ST synthesis for a MIDI out track, and I’ll be damned if I lose one for a MIDI track that has no friggin’ arp!

2 Likes

Jamuary #29

6 Likes

This is awesome stuff BLKrbbt!

1 Like

Here’s my latest Jamuary submission, it’s a fairly simple lofi hiphop kinda vibe.

4 Likes

my jam from yesterday
All sounds comes from OT except the lead synth is from MnM

(the game story is in the video description)

2 Likes

The Subharmonicon has two modes dedicated to Just Intonation… it says 8 and 12, which I think means scale degrees…

I like how you explained it over you jam, and got me feeling inspired to try something in those modes specifically…

I would cycle through them to try and find something, but now I will try to make something specifically.

Day 30

2 Likes

3 Likes

I use a handpan (zagdrum) with hologram microcosm and the cosmos of somalab + snail shells and a ceramic bowl with barcode script + digitone and empress reverb

I use a handpan (zagdrum) with hologram microcosm and the cosmos of somalab + snail shells and a ceramic bowl with monome norns (barcode script) + digitone and empress reverb

Voir cette publication sur Instagram

Une publication partagée par Ya-L (@ya.l.sound)

2 Likes

30! Almost there! Got the O-Coast out of the drawer for the first time this year :slight_smile:

Going through the DN fx and both in turn procressed by the OT. Plinky ploinky ambient!

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Lennart Verhoeff (@pixeltuner)

4 Likes

Day 30!

Machinedrum for the drums, monomachine for the bass and arp/lead, octatrack for the cheap piano (zelda 64 sample :wink: ), dx7 for the (crapy) harpsichord sound

5 Likes

Made it for day 30!

Haven’t been able to do much with family out visiting, but I’m not complaining because it’s great to see them finally!

This is a quick track born out of Morphagene madness.

This is Morphagene into Data Bender, Trillian, Kontakt, and of course made with some OTO machine box loving.

4 Likes

Really nice - i am into dungeon synth! Well played. Really feels like castelvania.

2 Likes

It’s January 31st on the other side of the international date line, and Tuesdays are bonkers for me, so here are my final installments (Tuesday’s may have been recorded on the weekend).

30 Jam

For today, I added more filters and more feedback. In addition to the wonderful BB+N out of my Joranalogue, I added a Manhattan Audio SVVCF and a Serge EQ. Those went into my Doepfer A-138M, and routed to a Belton Brick reverb, and Beads. Key parameters controlled with Control, and my poor Vector Sequencer played a 2 note sequence. Oscillators are from the Vermona Perfourmer.

31 Jam

I’m wrapping up the month with something a little different. A canon of sorts (or is it not very phasey phase music?) with my wife on vocals, based on an unheard (by you) piano part, and into some granulators, and time based effects in Ableton Live. I’m messing with Live’s time-stretch parameters to get different timing despite its compulsion to beat-sync everything.

3 Likes

3 Likes

30 days down, one more to go! A little more ambient for the day:

19 Likes, 2 Comments - chris, a friend of yours (@friendofyours__) on Instagram: "Day 30 of #jamuary: another ambient jam drawn from the same pool as yesterday’s, including a fun little LFO chop of the guitar sample into a Bicep-like detuned lead....

4 Likes

A bit of rare groove electro for you:

Check the video below to see how ice cold this jam really is :cold_face::cold_face::cold_face:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CoEJL_LgY1e/?igshid=MWI4MTIyMDE=

4 Likes