Jamuary 2023

made the bones of this one yesterday, finished with some synth lines today after receiving some sad news. but hey, sure made a damn lot of tunes this month.

5 Likes

This is not a hot one. Can’t win 'em all I guess. Still good times though!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CoEZEtkgX6w/

2 Likes

Thx, best compliment i could have :slightly_smiling_face: i love Castlevania games and had to pay my tribute

Thanks everyone for a great month.

Now we can get back to normal.

4 Likes

We got to the end folks!

For my last effort I worked a bit more on a track I’m putting together (this is still a work in progress) for a new project, bit of a taster. Have spent a lot of time in Ableton this month and have been enjoying the different workflows - that said I am itching to get on the hardware later so it’s good to have options :slight_smile:

And I don’t feel burnt out at all really - if anything I feel like I’ve worked some stuff out of my system - fired up to bring a bit more focus to my output for the rest of the year. How’s everyone else feeling? Anyone done with music? :laughing:

3 Likes

I wish. I am definitely feeling burnt out.

I may take a break from challenges after I get these last two done and focus more on making my own music.

1 Like

I’m feeling pretty energized actually. Jamuary was an excellent vehicle to make me get used to my new space and setup. It also made me realize I only need a couple of things on the table at any given time to be most productive. Looking forward to doing the last one tonight! :muscle:

1 Like

Last day!!

2 Likes

Hey Elektronauts,
I hope you are all well and enjoying the rest of Jamuary! Here comes my contribution for this year’s Jamuary - unfortunately the only one as I recently worked on my hybrid synthesizer setup where I use Ableton Live in combination with the Digitone, Digitakt and some other hardware devices too. It took me some time to get this going and I’m still refining the setup but it feels good to put the first jam finally out - hope you dig it too!

Cheers and have a great rest of the week,
Miles

4 Likes

31! Made it all the way through :nerd_face: Ending on a bit of a chill note. Resampled yesterday’s jam into something new and noodled some guitar on top. All OT. See you next year! :upside_down_face:

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Lennart Verhoeff (@pixeltuner)

4 Likes

A beautiful month, thank you all :pray:

4 Likes

Lil boomy, but we did it, folks! I missed three days, but still ended up with 31 jams. All in all I’d say this was a really nice Jamuary, and I had a great time playing along with all of you. Definitely learned a lot about the gear I have and how I like to work.

Here’s my playlist of all of the Jamuary recordings:

I was initially thinking I’d go back and refine some of these, but I think what will probably happen instead is I’ll just keep filling up my Elektron boxes with patterns in their current projects and see what keeps coming out of that.

2 Likes

With this I cross the finish line.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CoGkXAiAZF_/

3 Likes

Hey all,

We did it.

I am very proud of everyone who submitted, even if it was just once or twice.

4 Likes

just under the wire:

3 Likes

Alrighty then. Now that I don’t have to polish these dang turds every day I can finally register some thoughts. First of all that opener was a joke. Yesterday was the only day that I truly felt like I was forced to make the best of a weak idea. It’s not horrible either, just not very nifty.

I’m surprised that I’m not really suffering any burnout. I suppose the only real difference was the pressing of record and the sharing. 99% of days I am hotknobbin’ the crap out of these poor devices so that all felt very normal. But I’m only used to showing anybody anything once a week and the daily release (of sorts) was a great way to loosen up.

It was great to focus on the Digitakt and Micromonsta 2. They are both deceptively simple and yet offer endless nooks and crannies in which to get dirty and explore. I did eventually get tired of MM2 and broke out the Circuit Mono Station instead. It was great to reconnect with that thing. It was my first ‘big boy synth’ after a Pocket Operator and a Volca. I find it to sound gorgeous and it’s a pleasure to use.

Some points I need to ponder: How do I end a song in a cool way without resorting to fading echo shenanigans? I seem to be kinda stuck on that. When should a song be simple because it sounds best that way and when should it be simple because I need to go to fucking bed? How does one actually use a Retroverb Lancet? That thing is a mysterious box of difficult to tame rowdiness to me.

It was hard to go to work, socialize, make my music and listen to all of yours. But I did it!! I listened to every last thing you fine people posted. It was shockingly good. Some of y’all are so advanced with it one would think you’d prepared extensively in advance. I know that’s not the case but some of these jammers sounded seriously pro and gave me lots to aspire to. Overall the whole thing’s been very inspirational and I want to thank all of you for sharing in here. Lastly, to @big_job_head, that pixel art is gorgeous so thanks for that too.

I think I’m looking forward to next year?

7 Likes

Congrats, y’all - we made it!! So proud to have finished a second Jamuary, and so grateful for all of the beautiful and inspiring music you’ve all shared this month. So many of you directly inspired me to hit record for another day! Truly so grateful to be a part of this community :purple_heart:

31 Likes, 12 Comments - chris, a friend of yours (@friendofyours__) on Instagram: "Day 31 of #jamuary: finishing strong with one of my favorite jams of the month. Proud to have my second Jamuary under my belt—huge thanks to @petitevictorycollective...

6 Likes

got my final jam here. over the course of this exercise i feel like i went back to my “electronic blues” roots i used to joke around about. i love noodling weird sloppy synth lines over a beat, soothes my soul something special. and as always the m8 kicks ass

7 Likes

happy last day everybody. what an adventure! enjoyed listening to others’ tracks.

jamuary 2023 - 31 ‘gurgling feelings’ - c64 mssiah + :3lektron: AK + roland s-330

what have i learned? i’ve learned that i’m destined to continue making chiptune+budget sega saturn game+lowbrow VHS rental+mid-90s rephlex outtakes music for the rest of my time on earth. and that i will need to dedicate more than 2 hours if i want to use :3lektron: song/arranger mode(s).

2 Likes

that track slams.

1 Like