Jamuary 2023

More Radiguish experiments.

6 Likes

lol

4 Likes

This is what a Jamuary Fail sounds like… But I’ll post because I’m trying to keep it going for the month!

5 Likes

I don’t know. Maybe some 808’s to add some bass, in an interesting pattern.

The dustyness of the top line is kinda nice, but shouldn’t be all lonely.

1 Like

Day 4: Syntakt chiptune funk (I know that I’m a terrible keyboard player)

4 Likes

No worries. It is what it is.

I scrapped four ideas before that.

No need to finish this and instead just move on to day 5!

2 Likes

been jammin’ so much im kinda losing track of if i’ve done one for the day yet! fun byproduct for sure. did this one all on the m8 while riding the stationary bike. tried a different beat before this but it was wack and i kinda came to terms with being ok with sticking to my wheelhouse. i do want to work more on building my own chord progressions, getting a lil tired of resorting to chord samples when i get stuck.

6 Likes

This is cool. I like how the snaps/claps morph to a snare, though through context.

A lot of those sounds remind me of the envelope follower in Shaperbox 3.

Scaler 2 has a chord progression mechanic that you could try out, and familiarize yourself with for learning.

1 Like

Here is me pleading the Fifth.

THE 5th OF JAMuary!

I got into recording into my SP404. Drjms are TR8S, and then I layered the Prophet 6 over it…
I discovered how powerful the resampling of patterns and the isolation of the ext in can be a powerful arranging tool!

5 Likes

The next jam is more “Techno”

6 Likes

Something a bit different - I bought pigments in a drunken haze over Christmas, so I dusted off the push to have a play. It’s a great sounding synth and I forgot how much fun the push can be.

7 Likes

6 Likes

5 Likes

6 Likes

5th, Digitakt using wavetables and nothing else

10 Likes

Digitakt Solo, offering for Jamuary. One pattern, song mode on.

6 Likes

I keep going to bed without posting my dang clips! Here’s yesterday’s.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnCWL8_p2QC/

4 Likes

I’m in, on the relaxed rules plan (the logistics of getting even a consistent hour a day to jam are daunting, but I can definitely do better than I have all fall and winter so far).

Here’s #5 (having skipped the first four), complete with a shaker sample contributed by the four-year-old.

2 Likes

I can absolutely understand how this could happen.

3 Likes

So I got Don Quixote and Bird King to summon a demon from a crystal and an Electro vampire track came out of the digitone.

Annakin did nothing wrong

8 Likes