Jamuary 2023

OT and Oto Boum today - sampled ‘Closer’ by Sunny Crimea and pushed it in a couple different directions - keeping myself on my toes✌️

7 Likes

Will come and catchup on the thread later when I can dig into all these masterpieces properly

While I’ve heard the word before, this is my first time paying any attention to Jamuary. What was the original intention? What has it become? I’m genuinely curious here, my questions are definitely not rhetorical.

4 Likes

Hey! My #4 Jamuary is now live :control_knobs:
I’ve used synths: Analog Rytm, Digitakt, SH-01A, SE-02, JX-08.
Mixed on Playdifferently Model 1

3 Likes

Day 4, went for a Thom Yorke vibe with the chords!

chris, a friend of yours shared a post on Instagram: "Day 4 of #jamuary: a fun one, very much inspired by @thomyorke’s work and particularly the kinds of chord progressions he chooses to use. Accidentally forgot to hit record on a much better take...

6 Likes

My first go…

Volca bass on the plonks

Syntakt on the drums

Digitone on the bass and melodies

6 Likes

@elxsound such high praise, thank you! that track also brought me some peace :slight_smile:

today’s jam: piano x beats study

@AphexEscher4422 digging those thom vibes!! keep it up

3 Likes

Its more on a personal note… i think the intention of the hashtag hasn’t changed but it had become more of a chore to post stuff for jamuary rather than a source of inspiration…

I just feel burnt out on the concept, so that’s why I’m not participating…

5 Likes
5 Likes

Day 4 - inspired by a couple of other threads on here I have a Polyend Play coming tomorrow which will provide some fresh inspiration. It’s likely to replace the TR8S in the set up, and be used in conjunction with the Force. (Might end up regretting going for the play over the syntakt whist they are both the same price but the midi sequencing depth and the performance features of the play edged it for me.)

That’s enough about the future anyway - as it might be off the desk for a while I figured I’d major on the TR8S today. 140bpm techno fun.

3 Likes

Jamuary 4th / MD–>A4

3 Likes

Fun messing with internal synth and drum engine on my new Teenage Engineering TX-6 which is better than I though even thought it would be. I did not buy it for the synth drum engine. Updated firmware to record to USB drive which is nice too!

2 Likes

This popped up on my YouTube feed and I thought “sounds like something @Jeanne would make” :joy: . Makes me want to turn up the master od on the digitone and do some face melting. Think I will for tomorrow

1 Like

Day 4 ( OT / Ableton Live / Repro-5)

4 Likes

Number 04! Back to OT + Digitone only. Less machines = better results.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Lennart Verhoeff (@pixeltuner)

8 Likes

Haha, glad to see youtube works :joy:

DO IT!

2 Likes

Jam number 4 - a boring droney ambient thing.

8 Likes

Thank you and likewise!!

1 Like

Slow hypnotic jam on Elektron Digitakt and Model:Cycles
and some space sound from Microfreak

5 Likes