Join DT/ST/DN together?

Is there an easy way to join a couple of digi boxes together?

Midi cable(s) should be easy. Or a daw via overbridge. I already asked in another thread if it is possible to join them via the standalone apps and USB only.

When you say join, do you mean physically so thst they are one single box or you mean something else like all of them playing at the same time?

Duct tape.

7 Likes

If you link them with midi cables, then I can recommend this setup:

• Output from DN to ST, routed to the fx rack (the analog filter sounds way better than the digital one)
  • Output from ST to DT and use the DT compression to beef things up (this video of Dave Mech is great)
1 Like

Sorry I meant physically join them

@tandrin
@frekvencia
@w-lf

1 Like

You have a few options. The easiest and maybe nicer looking option would be to make wooden plate that is exactly the size of your three boxes side by side and then use the mounting holes on the bottom to bolt the boxes to the wooden plate.

1 Like

The holes on the bottom are 10 centimeters from each other, it’s the standard VESA 100 hole spacing.

Ah, like a guitar pedal board. I didn’t thinking of that. Could just use Velcro on a board I guess

Yeah, if you want something classier than duct tape, then something like this might work

5 Likes

Kind of, but I would just use the bolts because they are already there and would provide more mounting security.

You can also use a metal beam that goes across, but it might not be the nicest looking/feeling option.

There is more risk for scratching the units as well, but if you don’t care to keep your boxes pristine looking then maybe it’s fine.

Do you need your boxes to be at an angle?

No I don’t

The Pedaltrain Metro Max will perfectly fit 3 Elektron Digi boxes on it, with 2.5" extra space horizontally for heat disappation and cable management, 1" above the digis so your cables arent dangerously dangling off the back, plus space for cable management underneath. Comes with a handled softcase and shoulder strap, and putting Decksavers over each unit would make it very safe in said case. Its great!

1 Like

Sounds cool I’ll check it out!

Added some safety content.

1 Like