JoMoX Alpha Base Analog Drum Synthesizer

Just wanted to bump up this thread to say how awesome this Alpha Base video is…

This one and others by @tumulishroomaroom have really sold me on it.

4 Likes

Another:

2 Likes

I think about getting one of these again. I once sold it quickly because of the not so fine resolution of the tuning of the kick and there was a problem with the kit structure I didn’t get my head around.

Is it possible to link a kit to the patterns, so I could link my syntakt patterns to alpha base kits?

Thank You!!

Are kits saved with the pattern?

*spoiler ABMKII

3 Likes

Also moonwind…

1 Like

Superbooth? Any links?

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

I’ve only played a little bit of it. I think it can now resample and do some drones

5 Likes
  • More buttons on the front panel, like flam
  • Improved p-locks
  • Screen has been updated, you can have higher resolutions graphics and can see LFO waveforms per example
  • One button sample
  • Same FXs
  • Still a year away from release
9 Likes

I wonder if some of the features that are software only will make their way back down to the MKI?

I hope so, the mk2 seems to be more a QOL update. All I want is the ability to pitch a sample down, seems a ridiculous limitation of a sampler.

The sound is out of this world good. The workflow mostly stunk. I hope there’s some big workflow shifts!

3 Likes

It needs a larger color oled screen and better user interface. Elektron Rytm has the edge here.

It’s interesting… I wouldn’t hate a larger OLED screen and more details at all, but that’s not one of the big complaints I’d have either. Not by a long shot. I don’t mind the current display all that much and what I’ve gotten used to.

What I want, which is what I think a lot of other Elektron users want is a better sequencer and overall experience. Do I think we’re going to get that? No. Is that a deal breaker? Again, no. For me, the Alpha Base is all about the sound (particularly the kick) and that’s all I expect it to be.

For overall usability and sequencing, any Elektron device is a far better option IMO. Yet, at the same time, I don’t mind that the Alpha Base is what it is.

1 Like

Why hasn’t anyone posted any videos of the mk2 yet from Superbooth?

I wonder if Jürgen will be doing an exclusive video reveal….

5 Likes

It looks to be a pretty decent improvement over the mk1. It may be a contender to replace my AR mk2. Possibly :wink:

1 Like

Not a bad update for new users. I’m not feeling a huge need to sell my MKI when it comes out and upgrade though which is good. If I could do it for a small difference, I’m sure I would, but not going to lose $500 or something like that for the changes.

2 Likes