Just got kicked off reverb

Yes! :100:

I admit it was a dumb, chancey risk on my part.
Still, a bunch of other things to scrutinise and be angry about.

1 Like

at the risk of this method, too, being eliminated once it gets popular:

In “private” conversations with buyers or sellers in which we’re trying to “work something out”, I take a photo of the gear with a little post-it note in the picture with my phone # on it.

Who knows, maybe Reverb is scanning those photo attachments, too. :crazy_face:

Reverb absolutely scans for text, I imagine you’ll get ganked doing that soon enough.

1 Like

I opened another account to sell something and after making 2 normal sales, following their rules, they locked me out because they saw it connected to the original account.

I opened another account where I just buy now.

When I want to sell anything, my bro in law will post stuff on his account. They’ve definitely made tens of thousands from my buying and selling, I still don’t think it was worth banning me considering my rare “buying/selling off reverb” behaviors. Oh well!

Reverb sucks, I broke their rules, reverb sucks.

1 Like

Just as a reminder, next year he may be tax-liable for your sales depending on how they re-implement reporting requirements.

Edit: To clarify, beginning with sales in 2023.

1 Like

Yikes, excellent reminder!! Thank you.

1 Like

I just kicked myself off Reverb😎

5 Likes

Thank god PP no longer has a monopoly on accepting online payments. My account was temporarily limited yesterday due to no apparent reason and I’ve been a member for like 20 years. This happened a few years before as I had sent a small payment with “impulse” in the notes as it was for additional shipping costs for an Impulse Command and I belive they thought I was soliciting myself or something.

1 Like

Reverb sucks for sure. Which sucks, because in theory it’s so cool.

1 Like

window shopping is cool in theory too but I still end up with a (expletive deleted) and nowhere to put it.

I still wonder how Growing Pains manage to have a character in the 80s named after (expletive deleted).

1 Like