Just got kicked off reverb

Sounds strange. Post the message here so we can see what you wrote. Why be coy.

Message was written in another language but if you are so curious it was ’ Hi I see you have the same list on a different platform? I understand the price is highe due to Reverb taxes but I understand that" that is it then I asked him to send me videos of it. Over

Ok so this helps actually - I’d be willing to put money on that being an automatic flag based on the language used in the message, or at worst a confused reviewer using Google translate - due to questioning Reverb fees and discussing alternative platforms (did you mention the platform by name by any chance?) - I can assume a lot of communications they get are geared around people taking sales off platform or otherwise attempting to skirt fees.

I appreciate in this case you’re saying you weren’t doing that - but the algorythms will be simple and have false positives. Maybe being in a diffierent language introduced ambiguity. Not that easy to simply ask a user ‘hey did you break our TOS’? Logistically it makes more sense to issue a suspension and have the user challenge it.

Sounds like in this case they goofed, but it also sounds like a very easily resolvable problem with no real consequences.

I’ve dealt with Reverb support on a number of occasions and I find it almost impossible to beleive that if you’d followed up the suspension with a query it would have been lifted within hours - assuming there was nothing to actually follow up on.

Reverb are protective over their platform because it’s literally all they have. If people use it to advertise goods but complete sales elsewhere it becomes a money sink. Removing messaging isn’t an option.

If it were my website - I’d have sent you a warning of some kind first. I’ll admit that jumping straight to a suspension feels heavy handed - but I’ve learnt that there are often other details floating around so maybe there’s something we’re missing. But suspensions are temporary and can be reviewed, it’s not that big of a deal.

2 Likes

I wasn’t trying to hide or justify anything. This thread is still alive because it isn’t as black and white as you’ve declared it to be.

1 Like

Break the rules, you get kicked off the platform. You said you knew you were breaking the rules and did it multiple times. You shoplift, you can get banned from the store. You steal from your employer, you get fired. Even if they lose money by doing it.

It’s not like it’s a basic human right to be abled sell your stuff on Reverb despite breaking the rules multiple times.

1 Like

I’d argue you were maybe a little light on details with the OP… but yea you were very forthcoming - not trying hate on anyone here

Edit: I’ve edited my previous comment as it was unneccessarily provocative - not my intention!

3 Likes

A year or so about I bought an Impulse Command off of reverb for a really good price, like $500 I think shipped from France. Afterwards the seller sort of complained about how much shipping was and I felt a little bad considering what a good deal I got. I didn’t want to ask him his email over reverb to send me a little money towards the shipping as I was worried my account would be flagged so I found his soundcloud, yada yada and sent him $20 f&f on paypal with the description of “impulse” well, a week later my Paypal account was locked due to this “suspicious” transaction, I think they thought the money was for drugs or prostitutes (well, that would be inexpensive!). Considering I’ve been on PP from the very first year it was launched I was absolutely shocked. I eventually got my account unlocked (I had more than a few hundred dollars in there at the time) but was rather anxious about it as I receive a lot of payments through them.

I appreciate that. Tone: sincere.

2 Likes

Do you work for reverb or something? They aren’t a store or my employer.

No. The internet is a mall, get used to it.

No it’s not, but ok.

2 Likes

Never!

3 Likes

1 MONTH LATER

Lol, they just hit my account with threats and forcing the “lost sale” having nothing to do with the price I worked out offline.

I wish the nice local person found my Craiglist first to avoid this, but eh.

Now what to do, I could cop to the sale and argue further about the final sale price, but I’m not going to argue and plead to protect my account either.

They are fine with losing many tens of thousands in purchases and sales, the least frustrating option would be them charging “full” fees and keeping my account in a “deactivated” state and just never using it again.

I’m certainly not going to argue with some low tier customer service person who is being forced by policy to do this crap for Etsy, nor am I going to sign a document saying I’ll never do this again like I’m some misbehaving child.

So, what’s the deal with Reverb payments? I have sold like 9 items when they still accepted Paypal and now made one sale with their forced payment option. Will I get paid once the carrier scans the package or have to wait until it’s delivered? Kinda sucks when you sell something at a big discount cos your’re desperate for cash…

Depends on how active you are as a seller, hard to say.

With my account, I generally get “payout ready for disbursement” once I generate the tracking number, and end of business day M-F they send the money to your account and whenever your bank account subsequently decides the transfer is available.

Been meaning to jump on this thread.

REVERB = TERRIBLE!!!

I sold a bunch of stuff recently. All on Reverb. All ratings, feedback etc… perfect.

I send a buyer their package. He is in Canada. On all airmail there is a big delay. It is well documented on Japan Post.
The package didn’t arrive after the allotted time that Reverb has set.
Rever then message the buyer advising him to ask for a refund. He messages me and explains this and apologises.
The only argument was “it could be anywhere”. I didn’t track the package but I believe that from my place in Japan to the vendors place in Canada everything would be fine. Although I agreed somewhat with the statement I did believe that it was on its way.
To battle Reverb I gave them all the documents that said I had posted an item to Canada with the full address of the receiver. I also provided the links that said shipment can take upto 3 months which is double due to COVID. I think that is pretty shite if I were the one waiting but it is what it is. Reverb wanted to get a refund underway after 2 months??? WTF!!! I want to go and take a shit on the landing in Reverb HQ.

STILL LIVID.

So after some back and forth and me on the verge of issuing a refund and telling myself it’s a lesson. Next time I send anything it is tracked. I’m still at ends about it because it was a great deal and the shipping was dirt cheap. That’s the shipping the buyer paid for??? Anyway, literally a day after 3 months it arrived. Luckily, the buyer could’ve been a total dick but he wasn’t. Not at all. We exchanged many pleasantries and I absolutely trusted him.

Reverb can fuck off. BIG TIME.

If I’m ever in your HQ I will lick biscuits and put them back on the plate in the communal room, I will pee somewhere other that the toilet and I will fart in people’s general direction.

2 Likes

dude people use non-tracked packages for kindle in fire places, never send anything anywhere without a tracking number again, I don’t care if it’s to your auntie in South Dakota … track it!!!

6 Likes

I hate reverb now and try to avoid them like the plague. Etsy isn’t much better.

Yup, Tracking on everything.

I don’t know how someone ship gear without tracking and insurance.

I only ship with a signature required too.

Shipping overseas is something in itself and I won’t do it as a seller because it can be a hassle with local customs.

4 Likes

Etsy OWNS Reverb.

1 Like