Just got kicked off reverb

Less for preferred sellers, which answers some questions from earlier in this thread.

My email read:

Hi Reverber,
We’re writing to let you know that on October 27, our payment processing fee will increase to 3.19% of the transaction amount + $0.49 per transaction. As a Reverb Preferred Seller, you pay a lower rate, so on October 27, your payment processing fee will be 2.99% + $0.49.
Why is this happening?

Credit card companies have increased the fees they charge Reverb. While we’ve kept our payment processing fee the same for the past 10 years, it’s become increasingly more expensive to process payments.

So yea, wanna pay a little bit less? Have your stuff boxed and ready to ship before it is sold, get it out the door in under 24 hours, ship your stuff very well packed to avoid carrier issues, have good communication with buyers, and maintain a good track record.

3 Likes

How so?

It’s so good it’s actually a bit unfair for the seller. You say you didn’t receive something and they either need to show evidence of shipping the item, refund or have their account closed. Use paypal and they always side with the buyer. Get the scammer closed up, get your money back from Paypal.

1 Like

Also, any idea how many sales you had to make to become a preferred seller? I did everything you listed 100% of the time but was never given that status, though I’ve only ever made 50-60 sales. Did you have to request it?

I had to show evidence as i was being scammed by Reverb who said their system didnt update the courier dropping it off… :frowning:

What kind of evicence?

They asked me for details of the courier first then photo images of the courier saying they had delivered.

Wait, were you the buyer? Or seller?

I was the Seller. The money wasn’t released till they put me through the hoops.

I just looked at their app privacy settings, they can track you on other websites, still their fees are less than ebay right?

Yeah, it protects the buyer really well. So well that buyer scamming is more prevalent than seller scamming.

1 Like

Absolutely. This money holding is a bottleneck that can be exploited.

Not sure , maybe 10-25?
and I didn’t realize they suspended the program :thinking:

I don’t sell on Reverb but I use it for buying and overall I’m quite happy with the service.

Just like with eBay I’m careful who I buy from. I only deal with heavily vetted sellers. And I ask appropriate questions before buying. Example: take bad photos or don’t list the item with care or don’t have a track record of properly packing goods and I won’t buy from you.

I appreciate that there’s a virtual paper trail of communication between me and the seller on their platform. Duh, it’s there for our mutual protection. Thinking of it as Big Brother-ish is frankly absurd. It’s a private marketplace, not your personal emails.

Also, I don’t use the ‘app’. Why in all the blazes of Hell would I ever download and install such a thing when I have much better privacy protection built-in to my web browser?

The key to all of this stuff is impulse control. Do the research. Read the manual. Know what you actually want before you buy it. And then never sell! :joy:

3 Likes

Right but they’ve benefited from me as much as I have from them. They’ve made thousands from me, and for every 25 transactions, one would be offsite.

I don’t understand what benefit there was to kick off an active buyer and seller. I don’t see how this saves them/makes them more money.

Fuck them!

Hey, it is what it is. It’s not like you wasn’t aware of the sanctions if you get caught. If you cheat it’s on you if you get burned.

1 Like

Thank you, captain obvious.

I’m not trying to have a go at you but “what you don’t see” appears to be the issue of basic integrity and the erosion of trust. In the aggregate Reverb sees that as potential lost income for the platform as a whole even when taking into consideration whatever they’ve made off you in seller fees.

Not private… Are you telling me they can see all the sex-messages I’ve been sending on Reverb over the years? I thought that was the one safe place that nobody would see. This is truly humiliating.

3 Likes