Just purchased a brand new SPS-1 UW+

I’ve been lusting after a Machinedrum for years and now I can finally say I own one. :slight_smile:

I’ve been producing on my PC for over 10 years and I have far too many bad habits and problems with arrangements. I think I get distracted by seeing the arrangement on a screen. I’m hoping the Machinedrum will force me to use my ears more.

I have always wanted to synthesize my own drums instead of using single hit samples. The flexibility of being able to design the timbre of the drum sounds is going to make my life so much easier.

Lastly I’m looking forward to using the step sequencer instead of a midi keyboard or mouse.

Very Excited.

I plan to pair it with a Monomachine in the not too distant future, but the UW+ should keep me going until that day arrives.

Very happy to be here. :slight_smile:

-MI

1 Like

Let me be the first to congratulate you.
A year ago i was looking to get back into music and a guy at a music store said “check this out”. GOOD ADVICE. Now have MD and A4 as the hub of my studio.
Word of warning- these instruments are DEEP.
You are going to loose a lot of time and sleep having an absolute ball.
Maybe, do as i do, check put the forum every day when you get home from work.
Soooo much good advice here.
You will be amazed at the capabilities of Elektron products.
I would bet that when you have the cash, you will buy another one of the range.
Cheers
Spike

Thanks, Spike.

I’m already struggling with sleep and it hasn’t even arrived yet!

Thanks for the advice. I have downloaded the manual from Elektron and also the tips documents from the files section on here. Hopefully that should have me hitting the ground running when it arrives. :slight_smile:

-MI