Keyboard stands with one leg

Seen a nice keyboard stand at the gig tonight

Asked the guy where did he got it, he said some regular store like ten years ago. No idea which brand.

I liked this model- quite compact, ability to put as many keyboards as needed and easily set height, seems solid.

Any idea what it is?

I know about Spider stands of course but the are quite big and bulky and pricey. And look too much like „I play Synthesizer space music“.

Maybe there are some other cool one leg models?

I think any one-legged stand is going to be quite heavy, just to compensate for the lack of stability.

That one looks cool though.

1 Like

What you need is the column type of stand. These are quite rare but they still produce and sell them. Check out Quantum Core by On Stage Stands for instance.

Yes, that I liked about this rare model - not TOO heavy, but still quite solid.

Unfortunately have no better pics but it was really nicely made.

Omega is not that thing, not really close - too big and again that „outerspace design“.

That one looked more like professional studio camera stand.

Really curious what’s the brand it is!

I work in a hospital now and I see lots of heavy gear on mono stands (usually on wheels).
Maybe check out medical equipment? Find out where they get their stuff, or raid an old hospital.

2 Likes

Or do it yourself, Louis Cole style:

I have one by Ultimate, barely used, 3/4 tiers (can’t remember), i wanna get rid of. They are great. You can put two of the tiers inside the column. Has a weight but quite portable.

1 Like

Yes I had the illusion that it’s not music stuff - really better made, looked very reliable and “pro”

Also this one is close, but not quite there:

Ultimate is good, but still quite not as simple and compact as this one. This could work really well in situations where you need to fit 2 - 3 levels of drum machines or light keyboards one above another.

Yeah looking again this is something between Ultimate and Spider maybe, you’re right.

ok I’ve made a small research on that band, here are a few better pics of the guy’s rig:

borging band, but that STAND, it’s a real brainteaser