Keystep 37 and Digitakt / Tracks are triggered instead of Chromatic Notes

Hi,

I connected my Keystep 37 to the Digitakt as external midi keyboard. I have all channels (Audio and Midi) turned off and the Auto Channel enabled to channel 10. This way, when I play on channel 10 on the Keystep, I can play every active track or midi channel on the Digitakt automatically in chromatic mode. Keystep serves as chromatic midi controller.

However, the 8 notes at the bottom end of the Keystep scale on the left outmost octave do trigger the corresponding digitakt samples in tracks 1-8 even though they are not currently selected/active. So the left key triggers Track 1 the second key Track 2 and so on until key 8 triggers track 8. Key 9 works again normally as chromatic midi node.

Anyone an idea how to fix this? I want the Keystep only to be the chromatic controller for the selected track. Triggering/activating a new track should only work on the digitakt directly.

Best
Moritz

Welcome to the forum!

This is intended behaviour for the Digitakt. See the ‘MIDI NOTES’ section of the manual. You cannot change this behaviour.