Kits / Patterns

Hello everyone. I am wondering if there is a workaround to this or if I am simply doing something wrong.

Example 1 - I have a kit with all synth machines turned off in the Trig page and only samples loaded. When I start a new pattern, that kit is copied over, but all synth machines are turned back on in the Trig page. If I load the same kit from that new pattern, the synth machines are still turned on in the Trig page.

Example 2 - I have a Kit called EMPTY. All of the synth machines are turned off in the Trig page. When I start a new pattern, all of the synth machines are turned back on, as above.

Do I have to manually turn all of the synth machines off in the Trig page every single time I make a new pattern? Surely not.

Can’t you just load the saved kit again? Then save it to the new pattern.

Nope. When I reload the saved kit from Pattern 1, which has all synth machines turned off in the Trig page, they are still on in Pattern 2, the new one.

Are you making a fresh pattern and reloading the empty kit? The trigs are saved with the pattern, not the kit. If you want to have a kit with samples only you need to turn the volume down in the src pages for that kit then save it.

1 Like

The trig page stuff is saved with the pattern, not the kit. Confused me for a while too.

1 Like

General & Zac - So every time I create a new pattern, I have to turn off the synth machines in the Trig page? Every single time? I just want to confirm that is the case. If the Trig page stuff is saved with the pattern, then as far as I can tell, that is my only option. Thanks guys.

Can’t you select disable from the machine selection menu?

3 Likes

Chrrr - That worked! I was hung up on trying to do it from the Trig page, which does not seem to be an option. I have always been in the habit of simply turning the synth engine off there versus disabling it. Thank you! Now I’m off to break my habit…lol.

1 Like