Klevgrand plugins - looks like a fresh take on many tools, effects and synths. Any opinions on them? Have any favourites?

I recently discovered this plugin maker and, without having tried any just yet, I really like what they appear to offer. Seems like a fresh take/approach in several instances (e.g. Haze 2, Modley, Gaffel, etc). And aesthetically, the design/GUIs really speak to me as well. I’m surprised I hadn’t heard of them before.

Anyway, while I’ll for sure be downloading several demos to check out as soon as I have more time, I’d love to know if any of you have some Klevgrand plugins, what you think of them, and what your favourites might be.

Cheers,

Stephane

https://klevgrand.se/products

I have freeamp and skaka. Both very good

2 Likes

I don’t use them but I’ve heard a lot of positive things about them.

1 Like

I have some iOS apps from Klevgränd and i think theyre great!

1 Like

Which ones? Any standouts?

Brusfri, for remove hiss and other constant noise, is just fantastic. So easy to use, and great results. Good for cleaning up recordings, and I used to use it for removing background noise when editing podcasts.

Lots of these plugins are available much cheaper on iOS, if you want to test them out first.

2 Likes

Well I use grand finale as my go to “mastering” app I record a single take in stereo into audioshare and then send it to grand finale to spruce it up a tad… you can go buck wild or just fix mids and what not…

1 Like

I’ve been contemplating getting an Ipad for that reason (lots of great plugins at much lower prices).

i have busfri, haze 2, korvpressor, and grand finale

all interesting in various ways
if i knew what i know now i’d probably only have bought busfri and korv

daw cassette looks fun but i don’t need it
(i also…hate skeumorphic GUIs)

I saw a quick clip of Haze 2 and the concept seemed pretty interesting (i.e. affecting the stereo field of various frequency bands). Maybe in practice it isn’t very useful though?

I have a lot of their stuff on iOS , I think daw wise I use grand finale

On iOS they’re cheap enough to try / tinker and forget about if not used regularly. Quality wise they’re usually nice with easy interfaces.

1 Like

I think Hillman is a really nice little synth. I love iOS music apps

1 Like

it is useful especially for extreme re-shaping in the stereo field

but since i have other tools for changing aural width i use it less often than expected

if you watched demos and think it’s for you…go for it!

1 Like

I have all their drum vst and they are very good, skaka is amazing!

2 Likes

What a nice company, and also useful information here.

2 Likes

Klevgrand is ace. I utilize Fosfat and Brusfi quite a bit. Also really like their perc instruments.

EDIT: (Didn’t realize this was a year+ old thread. Still, I stand by it! :blush:)

1 Like

I’ve got the RoVerb and their tape plugins for free with a launchkey mini purchase, I rarely use the roverb but the tape is very nice, it has so many parameters you can automate and it sounds pretty good, didn’t really tried any of their other stuff but judging by these two maybe I should someday

They do nice useful plugins , I like their grand finale plug-in and many others.

They remind me a little of teenage engineering … or what they used to represent … maybe not these days. ( incredibly stupid overpriced camping table )

…skaka and borsta are pretty much a must have…

and THE no brainer tools for all sorts of real feel shuffeling/swinging shakin’ and percussive toploop creations…

pipa, their vocal vowel choir “synth” is also a very versatile and expressive plugin…

and hey, these are all thought through, concepted, coded and “made” in sweden, that secret but truu capitol of global pop…which means nothing but solid, straight forward quality, plain and simple without any fakefancyfactor…but as with all good plugins…their regular pricing is totally worth it, while sometimes, they got special sales which makes them an absolut xtra steal deal…

but if u need/want all sorts of real feel instant groove along from all around the globe, while also easy to create right out of the box, right now, skaka will free u from all that common neverending searches for a next classic toppingloop forever…shake it, baby…

4 Likes