Knob mod

Just occurred to me that you could do this nicely with heat shrink tubing too.

having read that, having said that … i went to my toy drawer

and found my devil stick sticks, the old ones!

seems to fit!

already feeling like a scientist and crafter … a maker, next stop maker fair …

clean it … i know a thing or 2 about silicone… coming from silicone valley … silicone gets the grip from not being layered with dust (other that cool gripping pad sounds, that get their grip from being layered)

blowdry it … not taking any chances of short circuiting electrocuting my MnM (which I bought used for 600 euro few days back)

preparing operation…

first cut

naah

… allright … and here I had a “moment” … from the little ring that I cut off I realized …

it doesnt have to be that big!

and there ya go

… this mod goes really well with my home made MD / A4 stands …doesnt it?

anyways… i am taking orders for knob mods! individually sleeved cut to size, warranty for 2 days … no child labour involved (unless you ask for it) … skin friendly 100% semptex silicone for maximum grip even in sweaty performances …

thanks to EVERYBODY who is keeping this forum a cosy nice warm beloved place!

end of my little rant photo love story mod … love you guys! especially allerian who put the thought into my head!

anybody plays devil stick on this forum like me?

2 Likes

I replaced my MDUW knobs with the elektron rubber ones. Knobs pulled clean off without much force. As stated previously, as long as you use straight upwards force and don’t pry off from underneath, you should be fine. No wobbling!

yep, that’s a good idea (was thinking about that as a better solution)
if you get the right size, you’ll end up with a nice rubberized knob which doesn’t take much space around itself :slight_smile:
i may give it a go myself actually … better solution would be to get the rubberized ones from Elektron though

Nice job TrabanT!

Hey TrabanT ,

Love your mod !!!

The silicone in the sink, felt like a DIY version of “Breaking Bad” Elektronauts edition. :slight_smile: LOL

Well Done !

1 Like

The Elektron rubber knobs are totally worth it IMO.

B

Replaced the plastic knobs on my Mono with the rubbers ones today - they were easy to just take off and easy to put on. Everything working as it should. Feels a lot smoother. I’d recommend it over using plasti-dip or Sugru any day of the week. :slight_smile:

Sugru is still pretty cool though, mind you. :wink:

Heh, B-Locks

1 Like