Kodamo EssenceFM

That’s great. I’m really looking forward to receiving mine, which has been in the mail for a bit and due here any day (like maybe today even, fingers crossed).

2 Likes

Did you receive it @vangroover?
And what do you think?

1 Like

They are on sale at Perfect Circuit again. Take the plunge people!

Also, for more productive commentary here, the UI on this thing really is excellent. As others have mentioned, the touch screen is very responsive and well laid out. It’s super easy get around the 3 different modes and the visual feedback of what the knobs are controlling is fantastic. As someone said a while back, the encoder is very rarely necessary so you don’t have to worry about any “alpha dial” ptsd from your old Juno 1 coming in to play. The undo/redo is very helpful and with the 300 voices at play, the panic button helps quite a bit when you start to get crazy with envelopes.

3 Likes

Received a notice of delivery today and will be swinging by the post office to pick up…

Hoping it’s the EFM.

More news at 11…

2 Likes

Curious about it, great sound design BTW. Is it a single voice or multiple layered voices ?

Hi all, has anyone seen a simple explanation for the user scales… does this force off scale notes to the scale or have I misunderstood?

Thanks, the patch has multiple layered voices.

By the way, unfortunately, I can’t use my EFM at the moment, as it’s stuck on the start up screen. But even though I don’t have any proof of purchase, it will be repaired by Kodamo, if it’s not a software problem (they’re gonna check my backup file next week). That’s what I call a good customer service.

5 Likes

Yes, don’t worry, they’re very professional !

2 Likes

EFM didn’t arrive yesterday after all… Monday I hope?

I did receive a Motas 6, so still a great synth day.

1 Like

That’s impressive. Hope you get it back in working order soon.

1 Like

I made a Wurlitzer sound on the EssenceFM which I think is pretty convincing.

2 Likes

Super excited to hear it. But I guess Instagram won’t let you do that anymore without creating an account? Or is there a trick to it?

Here it is. I didn’t program all the mechanical key sounds and noise ,just the basic wurly sound but I’ll probably try that at some time.

4 Likes

I don’t know why but today my EFM decided to work.
No layers, just a single voice.

5 Likes

Seriously dude this is great sound design, you should do a sound bank for Kodamo !

1 Like

Thanks but I don’t think that I’m the right person for it.

This one is a bit different…3 patches, 5 voices. Sequenced by Octatrack

8 Likes

sounds like some autechre untilted patch, killer stuff !

1 Like

That’s a big compliment, thanks. But yeah, the EFM can get dirty :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Care to share one of your patch to see what’s going on under the hood ?

Sure! That would be great to exchange patches/ideas…etc. But first I should spend more time with it. I only have 3-4 patches :slight_smile: My EFM has some kind of problem. It’s quite weird that I can use it now.